The online racing simulator
LFS S2 with MSI 7800gtx low fps
(13 posts, started )
Hi all,
Just built up a new system, P4 Dual Core 2.8, 2gb DDR2, Asus p5ld2 m/b, MSI 7800gtx, 200gb SATA system drive, and considering the power of the 7800gtx I think I'm getting pretty poor FPS with LFS S2.
I have the latest drivers from Nvidia, but when playing a single player game 1280x1024 32bit mode with 6 cars on the track the FPS is about 12fps.
It goes up to about 50fps when no other cars are visible but I find racing by myself quite boring.
Online gaming is the same.
Can anyone shed any light on my situation as I dearly love this game and know something is wrong.
My previous rig consisted of a P4C 3ghz, Asus P4P 800 Deluxe M/B, 2gb DDR400 and a Gigabyte 6600GT 128mb, and it ran fine with the same resolution.
Please help!
Cheddo.
#2 - Tooby
Hi!
I run a dual core p4 3.0 with asus extreme n6600gt and get 95 fps (1600x1200).
check:
- vertex shading inside LFS. change from software to hardeware (don't remember the name correct)
- AA or FF (is that the names?): Properties you can set on the graphic card (I get 95 fps with no AA or FF, about 55 with AAx4 and FFx4)
Make sure you have the relevant dual core patch and current Forceware drivers. Dual cores seem to be having a few teething issues ATM...
I am a afraid that there is some problem when LFS runs on dualcore CPU. There was a thread where similar problem occured on Athlon X2. As far as I know there is some utility that can force aplication to run on one core only - try it.

See here for some more tips http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... 3038&highlight=Athlon
#5 - M.Mos
Slow Cpu -> low FPS. Can't see a problem here.
Quote from M.Mos :Slow Cpu -> low FPS. Can't see a problem here.

Dual cores are having problems - try reading the thread above...illepall
#7 - M.Mos
Quote from Seahorse :Dual cores are having problems - try reading the thread above...illepall

Maybe you shouldn just read the first post. Theres one guy having problems with a 4200 X2 , while others don't. If you would read more you would have noticed that there are people with good single cores rigs and bad FPS too. And even that one guy with the problem said:
Quote : I have mailed to store where I have bought my latest components.
In their words, Asus said that cpu is faulty, store has contacted also to AMD support so I have to wait some time.

And you go and state dual cores have a problem ... now illepall urself. God just check lfsbench and see what FPS a P4 2.8 Ghz can do.

If that P820 would be mine , i would exchange it with a P640. Or i would try to overclock that P820. There are many people running P820 at the 4Ghz range with propper cooling.
Quote from M.Mos :Slow Cpu -> low FPS. Can't see a problem here.

You must be a God then.
Slow CPU?? Are you serious? I'm sure even a single 2.4 will run it fine with a decent 6600GT.
You are an idiot. Thank-you for your non-informative response.

And to all the others - thank you for the heads up on the dual core issue, I have found some more information and am working on a cure as we speak.
Thanks to all except big CPU man.
Cheers,
Cheddo.
I've got a P4 2.8 with at Radeon 9700 (non-pro) witch does about 80-100fps (1024x768). Should do 50-75 in 1280x1024 i suppose.

Just so you guys have something to compare to
I had a P4 2.4, running at 2.9, with a crappy sapphire radeon 9600 atlantis (128Mb), and it ran at about 30-40fps at 1280x1024, as another comparison.

In response to the dual core issue,I haven't noticed any problems with my new 4400+ X2? (effectively a 4800+ as i have it at 2.4Ghz) with the same gfx card (except no longer overclocked) it now comfortably runs at 50-60fps with high details at 1280x1024.
Quote from cheddo7 :You must be a God then.
Slow CPU?? Are you serious? I'm sure even a single 2.4 will run it fine with a decent 6600GT.
You are an idiot. Thank-you for your non-informative response.

And to all the others - thank you for the heads up on the dual core issue, I have found some more information and am working on a cure as we speak.
Thanks to all except big CPU man.
Cheers,
Cheddo.

Lol your taking this personal ? What
gee take a pill or better go F urself.
I've got a P4 3.2GHz and the only time I've seen fps that low is when my proc was overheating. Put a monitoring program on your machine and see how hot your proc is getting. Running LFS with a bunch of AI is VERY processor intensive. If your proc is getting over 70*C (even that is too high), there's your problem.
Quote from M.Mos :Maybe you shouldn just read the first post. Theres one guy having problems with a 4200 X2 , while others don't. If you would read more you would have noticed that there are people with good single cores rigs and bad FPS too.

Man with problem has a dual core. Threads covering dual cores readily available using search. I fail to see where single cores or overclocking come into the equation.

HANDFOAD :smash:

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG