The online racing simulator
Help! ISP_REO (Urgent)
(10 posts, started )
Help! ISP_REO (Urgent)
Found nothing on the search, and have found the InSim.txt file non-helpful on this packet...

Currently I am creating my ISP_REO when I get the VTA just as the InSim text told me to. It doesn't seem to be working, although the outgoing packet is exactly what I want the positions to be. PLID is the players "PlayerID" so I am quite lost as to why this isn't working properly. I have an event in 3 hours so if I can get this working it would make that event a LOT easier to manage.

Thanks.
Well I am bumping the thread even though I don't like doing that... The problem is the same but I now have a few more days to try fixing it. I do have the server set to /start=fixed so that shouldn't cause problems either... I am still confused and this would help the racers in my Head-to-Head events so that they do not need to worry about joining the race in a very specific order... Thanks in advance.
-
(the_angry_angel) DELETED by the_angry_angel
I have a reordering and it does work no matter if fixed or not.

The order of commands might be important.
First I have set up event handlers for a vote, and reorder.
On vote i check the type of vote and connection id.
If vote is restart and connection id is zero I request the current order.
On reorder I check if it is requested by me, reorder the grid and send it back.

I did this to implement a pace car which always should start in front and it works.
I see, well thats much different then the way I am doing it at the moment. Right now I am waiting for the host to restart and then sending my reorder message back through InSim... Maybe I need to let LFS do the reorder itself and send me back what it did wrong. I will try this when I get home from work tonight...
If the host restarts it is to late. The order is already defined at this point.
You have to act on the "final" vote for restart.
Does REO work on singleplayer games?

And by "final vote" do you mean the small_vta or the VTN with connid=0?
Quote from GeForz :Does REO work on singleplayer games?

No idea.
Quote from GeForz : And by "final vote" do you mean the small_vta or the VTN with connid=0?

I used the c# insimlib for this.
I act on vta with connection id 0 which i just realize is always 0 .
Anyhow it does it like that:

private void handler_Vote(InSimHandler sender, VoteEventArgs e)
{
if (typeof(FullMotion.LiveForSpeed.InSim.Events.VoteAction).IsInstanceOfType(e))
{
VoteAction va = (VoteAction)e;
if (va.ConnectionId == 0 && va.Vote == Vote.Restart && !onTrack && !doAdd)
{

onTrack and doAdd are custom booleans.
Well then my code should work. I am at work still so I can't paste it in but essentially I am getting the VTA packet and sending a REO packet (everytime) which seems to be the way you are doing it. I know the packet has been built correctly according to the InSim v4 text, and the players that I want ordered... Although its not working... I really want this fixed before Saturday which is the next event : / would make it a bit easier to run.
But there must be an error in your code.
I know it works. I can prove it.
I'm sure it works or it would have been known that its buggy by now... I just can't seem to get it to work. When I get home tonight I will try pasting some code that makes the packet...

Help! ISP_REO (Urgent)
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG