The online racing simulator
Team Mates
(4 posts, started )
Team Mates
In real life racing, two drivers are in a team right? Like Mclaren F1 Team has Alonso and Hamilton

I tried to make myself teamed up with an AL with a team of ALs but here is a problem, the Al in my team takes me out (or as saying, making me crash) is that team work ? NO!!!! :mad:

Any ideas anyone???
ALs?
Teamwork?

Ok, I think you mean AIs (as in Artificial Intelligence). Nope, they can't work as a team, as they have only very rudimentary means to percieve other drivers on track.
But the AI is worked on, and at they should at least avoid you in some not too far off future. But don't expect them to work as a "team".

Also, In how would a team driver drive differently than a single one?
The AI has been improved in Patch Y, but because it had to be released before X-Mas (as per the agreement with Fortec/V1 to get the F BMW) some parts of the AI had to be put on hold. Hopefully the next patch will furhter improve the AI, giving them better race craft and perception skills. I'd like to see the AI actually race, instead of parade around, too. We'll see what Scawen has in store for us in that department. I don't think you'll ever see 'teamwork' with the AI, though.
The AI is doing great right now, other then yes they are a bit pushy and "blind" and I have seen them slow down for other cars, actually slow down too much, but besides the point. As far as the AI working as a team, it would be a long time (if ever) before this happens as you can't just make them work as a team, or they will *always* play as a team...

ColeusRattus: Racing in a team can prove very useful in a lot of cases, and you are racing with each other just as much as you are against each other. So you still want first place, but as a team you want to get first and second or something... It can be helpful by the teammates giving each other drafting help and such when near each other on the track. It can also be a bad thing as there are times where teammates take each other out.

I don't think it should be implemented though, too much work for such a little payoff.

Team Mates
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG