The online racing simulator
How can I overclock my oven?
(61 posts, started )
#1 - JTbo
So why on earth does my oven sometimes seem bit slow, also one day best I could out of it was 250 when it should go to 300?

Is there anything that could be done to make it hit 300 every time and as fast as it does at it's best now?
You might want to ask Harjun for help...

...and don't forget to upgrade your oven to watercooling when overclocking.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
#3 - JTbo
Quote from jibber :You might want to ask Harjun for help...

...and don't forget to upgrade your oven to watercooling when overclocking.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

So should I cool outside or inside?
Quote from JTbo :So why on earth does my oven sometimes seem bit slow, also one day best I could out of it was 250 when it should go to 300?

Is there anything that could be done to make it hit 300 every time and as fast as it does at it's best now?

Open it up and add insulation - glass wool works best and is cheap, I'm sure there's fancier stuff. Also if your door is a single pane of glass you might want to mod it and put a double pane instead - most of the heat escapes from the oven door.
Don't forget neon lights!

LOL!
#6 - JTbo
Quote from xaotik :Open it up and add insulation - glass wool works best and is cheap, I'm sure there's fancier stuff. Also if your door is a single pane of glass you might want to mod it and put a double pane instead - most of the heat escapes from the oven door.

I have already triple pain glass, but insulation might be good, it won't set fire, does it?

There seem to be already traditional bulb, it should produce more heat so it is better than neons, right?
... actually I was serious. :P
I've done this for a small oven we had some years back. No point in throwing it out or essentially paying for a new door. I mean - the most complex thing in your average electric oven is the thermostat, everything else you pay for is the make quality (insulation and a decent double-paned door).

If you want to get fancy you can also add a fan (industrial-grade metallic one ofcourse) to circulate the warm air.

Quote from JTbo :I have already triple pain glass, but insulation might be good, it won't set fire, does it?

Not at 300 degrees no - something like 1400 or higher I think. Word of warning though - do not handle glass wool with bare hands.
And avoid the glass wool to get into your food.
#9 - JTbo
Yes, better insulation should help of course, but sometimes as now it worked fine, but once I used it 2am and then it did not get up to 300 at all
Attached images
food.jpg
Was it actively warming (or trying to) continuesly or did the thermostat tell it to shut off? (usually there's a click sound) - If it's the latter and the oven is oldish then it's pretty common for thermostats to act up sometimes. Barring thermostat failure then it could be one of the coils, but I doubt it.
Unless ofcourse the indoor temp in your home was really low - in which case it was working okay and you have too many demands at 2am :P
#11 - JTbo
Quote from xaotik :Was it actively warming (or trying to) continuesly or did the thermostat tell it to shut off? (usually there's a click sound) - If it's the latter and the oven is oldish then it's pretty common for thermostats to act up sometimes. Barring thermostat failure then it could be one of the coils, but I doubt it.
Unless ofcourse the indoor temp in your home was really low - in which case it was working okay and you have too many demands at 2am :P

It was very hard trying as I did put thermostat to lower setting and there was click sound, I think it did try 20minutes but no avail, indoor temp around +24C at that time. Oven is from 2004, same age as house so of course it could have some problems, but it is Upo, which is considered to be strong and reliable.

How ever now it again did work normally, rather quick and to full temp, I think turbo would solve it perfectly fine :insane:
Quote from JTbo :Yes, better insulation should help of course, but sometimes as now it worked fine, but once I used it 2am and then it did not get up to 300 at all

2am!? I know some people get up and go to fridge at night when they get hungry. But you start to bake!!!
#13 - JTbo
Quote from Aquilifer :2am!? I know some people get up and go to fridge at night when they get hungry. But you start to bake!!!

Well, I sleep only every other night, so what else I could do as there are only cruising and drifting servers at that time
I know what the problem is here. You're treating it like a computer.

Lose the thermal paste for a start - it makes the food taste funny and stinks the place up.
Also, remove all fans from the inside. They help circulate the air and mean it feels a lot colder than it is.

Then, I suggest installing some NOSssssss. It speeds everything up! My oven also has a masseev spoiler and side skirts that scrape my kitchen floor. It's totally pimp.
#15 - JTbo
Quote from Dajmin :
Then, I suggest installing some NOSssssss. It speeds everything up! My oven also has a masseev spoiler and side skirts that scrape my kitchen floor. It's totally pimp.

We demand pictures
Here, your average ricer oven. Complete with mirrored decal and a symbol which clearly shows that the owner has no idea how it works.
Attached images
riceroven.jpg
Lol,send me some karjala cakes,my oven does only 250 degrees max and its ok for me:P,but i dont bake anything in the oven,just warming some fries and stuff:P

[edit]

Quote from xaotik :Here, your average ricer oven. Complete with mirrored decal and a symbol which clearly shows that the owner has no idea how it works.

why doesent the oven have shadow and why u have a plain kitchen?
Quote from bmwe30m3 :my oven does only 250 degrees max

In theory if you put it behind JTbos oven you might get them both to get hotter.
#19 - JTbo
Quote from xaotik :Here, your average ricer oven. Complete with mirrored decal and a symbol which clearly shows that the owner has no idea how it works.

R3sP3xtz dude, 4wsOm3
Quote : why doesent the oven have shadow and why u have a plain kitchen?

I'm glad you asked bmwe30m3, often in my career I have been called to answer those questions. To comprehend the reasons behind it all you must first contemplate the common cherry blossom as it falls off the tree into a calm pond of fresh spring water.

Slowly the blossom falls,
ripples on the pond;
reflection of the tree.
LOL! This topic is great!

What really could be the problem there is your power supply!

If it's a problem that does only occur from time to time, then it might aswell be that your oven is fine, but doesn't get enough (the same) power all the time.
#22 - JTbo
I shall then put extra power cord to oven = more power
Quote from JTbo :I shall then put extra power cord to oven = more power

No! You need to evaluate first!

Therefor you need a 2nd oven, to install at the same power source and check if the 2nd oven also is showing the same problems! D'ohh!
[OT] What sort of cakes/pies are you cooking there. Look nice. Recipe pls
#25 - JTbo
Quote from duke_toaster :[OT] What sort of cakes/pies are you cooking there. Look nice. Recipe pls

Recipe I dislike rice, I use potato filling, exact recipe of those is bit of secret really, but you get started with what I linked, it is almost the same

I prefer cutting corners with ovens, so if I just get another one and disassemble electronics of it, then put them to my original oven, so I have SLI oven, then get bit more power to it from somewhere.
Now if that does not fix it, what does?

(61 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG