The online racing simulator
New To Drifting
(4 posts, started )
#1 - AMB
New To Drifting
Hey I'm a racer and i'm looking to start drifting, I use a G25, and I wan't to know if you could help me a choose a car and technique to drift, and also maybe some good setups you could send me in game?.

thanks,
TcD~Demonizer
Hi,

Personly I would start with the XRT I think that was one of the most popular car's which was in server's for drifting. Then also go for those LX! and look stylish of course, thats what part of karter's have to do! Here is a website, where you can get ALL of your setups from. But remember the setup has to suit you to be able to go quick not the owner!

Website - http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/ - Massive range of different setups

Good luck in your drifting.

Matty
If you are a racer you should know how to control oversteer, so it wouldn't be a problem. choose any RWD car (Xr's are my favs) and look into drifting servers for setups. Then it's a matter of practice.
Oh, and a tip, drifting uses almost the same braking points and lines.

Dmwright, I hate you xP
i had the opportunity of playing S2, thanks to a friend of mine (i hope to get my S2 license soon ), and by my experience, all RWD cars are able to drift (yes, even the XRG).
personally i don't use any special setup. the hardtrack setup with normal road tires works fine for me, but try to create your own setup, so it will suit your driving skills. basically lower and harden the suspension, but not too much, and a little more pressure on tires should help too, and thats all you need. you can also setup some more when you are more experienced, camber for example. (and i almost forgot. at first, use lower grip tires on the rear, for example front-road normal, and rear-hybrid. then try the same tires on both front and rear)
if you want some advices, first start with some donuts. since you use the G25, it will help you get the feel of the car on oversteer. then try some circles/ovals on countersteer. at first it will be easy to spin off or understeer, but with time you will be able to do long drifts on countersteering. IMPORTANT TIP: everytime you drift, don´t aim for the perfect drift. instead, let the drifts flow naturally. it takes time, but you will be surprised with the results.
also try some countersteering around a cone (i guess you know how to place one, but if you don't know, for example on BL car park (good place to practice) press Shift+U, choose the cone and place it with "O")
now try making a turn around the cone using the handbrake. when approaching the cone, turn and then hit the clutch and the hand brake for a short time. then release them (don't use the throttle yet).
when you get used to it, do the same, but now as you release the clutch and the handbrake, hit the throttle and countersteer, and then its all about practice so you don't spin off or understeer. by the way, remember the important tip i gave you above. use it here too. at first don't worry if you understeer or spin, just concentrate on using the handbrake, then, when you got the feel of it, try to control the drift. (edit: i forgot to include this: on the first times, drift on 1st gear only. when you got the feel of it then try some drifts on 2nd or even 3rd)
then its all about trying it on the track and also try some other techniques.

if you want to learn techniques and how they are done you can watch the Keiichi Tsuchiya's Drift Bible (you can find videos on youtube, for example). OK, its real drifting, but it helps a lot too on Live for Speed.

And these tips can help you too if you want to start some real drift, as long as you don't do it on public streets

Quote from Racer556 :
Oh, and a tip, drifting uses almost the same braking points and lines.

don't forget this. its important too.

New To Drifting
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG