The online racing simulator
I use auto clutch when using the sequential box anyway, but I still lift and blip with the gas pedal - works fine for me.
Quote from JeffR :So that means blame the autoclutch?

No, it means blame JeffR.
Quote from JeffR :So that means blame the autoclutch?

Well, you can blame that it is not using clutch optimal way, like person can, but then again it is aid and thus should have some penalty when used as those without using help are doing _huge_ amount of extra work with clutch pedal, so it kind of evens things out a bit

I had no trouble with autoclutch myself when I did use it, before I got clutch pedal, thing is I had to know what not to do with it and what to do with it and everything was fine, racing was specially very much of possible, spinning did not burned it unless you did spin lot of as autoclutch heats clutch quite quickly when launching with warm tyres.

I believe most of that 11% that are having trouble with clutch heating are also autoclutch users.
Granted I haven't bothered to do extencive testing but I've been able to find two ways to burn the clutch while using autoclutch.

1. XRG
Select reverse. Go flat out against the limiter. Change to 1st, but don't lift. = Red clutch.
2. XRG Patch X30 something
RallyX on BL2. With default RX set, without lifting on the jumps. = Red clutch.
Patch Y with not so idiotic gearing and only slight lifting on jumps = No problem.

With the more powerfull cars the tyres lose grip way before the clutch = No problem.
Quote :autoclutch

Instead of having autoclutch enabled in low rpm situations, it should only disengage the clutch when the driven tires are not moving at all or are moving backwards (to keep the engine from being shut off). If the car is moving very slowly, the engine may be bogged, but momentum will keep the engine from being shut off.

Other than that, autoclutching should only occur for brief periods when shifting gears.

Autoclutch shifts should take longer than manual shifts.

What isn't clear to me is how players get into a high gear - low speed sistuation, other than spin recovery and forgetting to downshift before pulling back onto the track.

Anyway I now have two replays, first shows autoclutch overhating occurs with high gear low rpm situation, the second shows that overheating isn't an issue even when flat shifting the LX6 with autoclutch enabled.

Overheating of clutch with autoclutch enabled, caused by slowing to 10mph and taking off again in the LX6, never shifting gears or using the clutch, as described in previous post:

jrkrlx6ac.spr

Demo of the clutch not overheating even with full throttle upshifts and zero throttle downshifts (at low speeds) on the LX6 with auto-clutch enabled.

jrbllx6.spr

So other than multi-player collisions where the impact factor can be very high due to lag, I don't see clutch overheating as an issue with the limited testing I have done. Maybe some other cars are more sensitive.
Quote from JeffR :Autoclutch shifts should take longer than manual shifts.

They do.

Quote from JeffR : What isn't clear to me is how players get into a high gear - low speed sistuation, other than spin recovery and forgetting to downshift before pulling back onto the track.

User error. Nothing to do with the way the clutch is modeled.

I can think of another situation. They want so desperately to find something to complain about.
Quote from March Hare :
I can think of another situation. They want so desperately to find something to complain about.

Failing to admit that they are not enough good or doing something wrong also seem to lead to that situation.
That too.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG