The online racing simulator
FXR Blackwood Time
(12 posts, started )
#1 - AMB
FXR Blackwood Time
I was on blackwood in the FXR and after getting the G25 for xmas, thought i'd do some laps, done 50 and wanted to ask whether 1:09:00 was a good lap time as it was my fastest.

TcD~Demonizer
If you can run 1:09's consistently without crashing, you will win races. I can manage consistent 1:10s and I pick up quite a few victories with that combo, simply because the guys running the 1:09s can't make 10 laps without spinning or stuffing into a wall.
Check LFSWolrd for the World Record and see how fast your time is ?
Quote from AMB :I was on blackwood in the FXR and after getting the G25 for xmas, thought i'd do some laps, done 50 and wanted to ask whether 1:09:00 was a good lap time as it was my fastest.

TcD~Demonizer

How fast were you burning up your tires?

If you aren't killing your tires, that's a good pace for medium/long distance races but you'll want to push a bit harder for the sprint races (~10 laps) that most GTR servers run.

If you are absolutely destroying your tires, however... don't quit your day job
#5 - AMB
Tyres normally last 4 - 5 laps depending on my braking, but I pit on lap 5 so it hasn't been a problem, did I mention i've been playing for about a month.....anyway, going to break my record today and become ranked 1st on the server if I can, also need to play with my set.

TcD~Demonizer
Only 4-5 laps? Ick, you need to modify your driving style and/or setup if that's all you can last.

Then again, if you're just doing those danged sprints then I guess it's not a problem.
#7 - AMB
Just 10 laps races which require a pitstop so it works out ok, also like to update you all, i broke my pb and done a 1:08.9
#8 - wark
Required pit stop doesn't mean required tire changes; expect to be passed in the pits.
Quote from wark :Required pit stop doesn't mean required tire changes; expect to be passed in the pits.

Precisely. Try to adjust your driving style and setup to get consistant times within a second of your current setup and still keep the tires on it. It IS possible, I can do at least 15 lap runs at 1:09.5-1:10.5 without losing my tires. I can probably do more but I've never had the interest in putting around that long offline.
nice
In racing your tyres will be more important. I don't drive that combo, but the other day I was head to head with a fast guy, but the last few laps I just waved passed him. His lap times were a bit faster, but at the end of the race his tyres were all gone, while mine were just bright green like they should. Made me win the race.
#12 - AMB
Quote from MAGGOT :Precisely. Try to adjust your driving style and setup to get consistant times within a second of your current setup and still keep the tires on it. It IS possible, I can do at least 15 lap runs at 1:09.5-1:10.5 without losing my tires. I can probably do more but I've never had the interest in putting around that long offline.

Well I have a Qualy and Race set, qualy i do consistent 1:08s and race i do high 9s to low 10s and can do about 15 - 20 laps, never needed to do more

Yet....

FXR Blackwood Time
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG