The online racing simulator
I think there's a rat inside my aircon
(112 posts, started )

Poll : Think there's something inside?

Hell YES!!! Run awaaay!
Your an idiot.
No... Why would there be anything inside it ?
Well here's a pic of my aircon in this room....

And it sounds like there is something running around inside it...
#2 - ajp71
Santa thought it was a chimney and now he's stuck?
lol... Maybe its a bird? (Its not chirping :S)
Who voted yes AND no ? Now thats just stupid -.-
If you didn't want that as a reply, then why did you allow multiple answers
I didn't actually vote, before anyone accuses me

I suppose it's plausible that something's gotten in it.. The only way you're going to find out is to dismantle it though
That looks to be far too small to have a full-blown rat in it. Possibly a mouse.

Haphazzard guess - fan rattle.

I'm a HVAC design mechanical engineer, so i'd be pretty interested to see if you find out what it actually is.
#7 - ajp71
Quote from the_angry_angel :
I suppose it's plausible that something's gotten in it.. The only way you're going to find out is to dismantle it though

No think laterally I can think of three solutions that don't involve dismantling it.

1) Put it on full chill to see if you can freeze him out.

2) If it has a heat setting turn it up and wait to see what kind of burning smell you get.

3) Move to a proper country where you need a roaring fire not aircon at Christmas time
Run away for sure! It probably comes out when you're sleeping.
Quote from srdsprinter :I'm a HVAC design mechanical engineer, so i'd be pretty interested to see if you find out what it actually is.

Do you cool your processor by running lines to an AC unit?
My two computers put out so much heat the room turns into a sauna Even tho its 40 degrees outside (****ING HOT (Celsius)).

The aircon isnt on so its not the fan

I pulled the cover off and found that i cant actaully get behind the ... mesh front ? (Looks like the stuff off a radiator), My guess is that its behind that somewhere.

There is no way it can come out into the room.
turn the fan on high and hope it gets sucked up and chopped into to little bits. Thats what id do.
:'( 52% of you think im an idiot...

Btw, Tweaker your not funny voting for all 3
Its not fair to call me an idiot for that.

So many people use "Your" because it's not fun to use ' in a sentence when you're typing fast...

That took me a whole 20 seconds longer to write.
unload a shotgun into your aircon and take it apart to see what it was...
Quote from mathew4445 :Its not fair to call me an idiot for that.

So many people use "Your" because it's not fun to use ' in a sentence when you're typing fast...

That took me a whole 20 seconds longer to write.

I type fast, yet I can manage throwing in proper and consistent apostrophes into sentences, why can't you?

I didn't mean what I said initially to be serious, I was just poking fun at your spelling mistake.
#17 - VoiD
Some years ago we had a marten in the the roof, somewhere between the rafters. This little pet made lots of noise too. Especially in the evening...

Are you sure about it´s a rat..? It could be also giant cockroach... You better have a look.
Heh, "Giant Cockroaches" dont exist.. Its a myth for Australian Tourists

It's not making noise anymore... stopped at about 5:30 pm...
It fell asleep. I voted for everything. First you run and scream, then you think, but why would there be anything in it? Then you realize you're an idiot.
#20 - JTbo
It must be stopped as you have released enough lethal toxic gas into ventilation system (farting), so that has caused death of littlepeople living there, they just had Christmas party, that is why the noise (many spoons used to eat Christmas foods).

So well done, there did go one civilization again

Anyone seen the episode of the Simpsons where Lisa has a science project which is a bunch of little people in an old coffee mug? Maybe the little people in your aircon are going to develop spaceships and attack you like they attacked Bart in that Simpsons episode.
Quote from sgt.flippy :It fell asleep. I voted for everything. First you run and scream, then you think, but why would there be anything in it? Then you realize you're an idiot.

I just HAVE to sig that rofl

Please burn it out and give us pictures
#23 - Rish
Your aircon unit will be ducted to the outside, if there is a gravity vent (opens when air is flowing from inside to outside and closes when not in use) on the outside then you'll probably find its just that flapping around in the wind! but yes i did answer your an idiot i couldn't help myself, it was like the big red button that says do not touch in the cartoons, i just had to do it!
Hmm... pretty stupid rat . I thought rats would look for warm places to stay but I guess this guy has got it the other way round
#25 - JTbo

(112 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG