The online racing simulator
Cockpit View Only
(295 posts, started )

Poll : Realism or Arcade

Realism: Cockpit view, behind the steering wheel, just like in real life.
Arcade: Wonder Woman invisible cars, God's eye view, Linda Blair look completly around, etc.
Quote from XCNuse :Every single forced cockpit server I find I'm going to leave.

Why you ask?

Quite simple really, how many people do you know with old graphics cards and don't exactly get prime FPS?
My desktop is one of those, and along with I'm sure 50% or more possibly of the entire LFS community out there.

Who cares about how real something looks? Scawen once said LFS wasn't made in mind to take screenshots. So what if someone uses the chase view, maybe they're from the country and drive big trucks, or like to think they're driving a big truck and are chasing.. whatever they're driving in LFS.
I use the custom wheel cam because when I use cockpit view nobody better be around, or my FPS will splatter to the ground and I'll immediately crash.

Now. Even if I had 3 32" widescreen monitors and the best graphics card out there. You still wouldn't get me to say "yes, force cockpits", because I know how many people out there playing LFS don't have high end computers, and the devs have ALWAYS supported the slower computers out there for as long as possible.

Lol, but at same time, thanks
Your pointing out important things that I belive some people ignores because it`s not their concern (FPS etc).
Quote from WGooden :lol, I love how like people who are paranoid because they don't use cockpit view and haven't used it enough to be just as fast with it like always try to think of excuses to make them feel like they really don't have an advantage and there's actually valid reasons for using some stupid ass 'sit in front of the bumper', or 'flying 20 feet behind the car' view. Just stop trying to fight everyone because you can't drive with cockpit view unlike the rest of the world, and anyone who races in real life.

Also it's quite sad how EVERY post on these forums is about something that's already been debated at least 17 thousand times. There should really be a 'USE THE ****ING SEARCH' sticky if there isn't one already. Maybe you'd start seeing some useful threads being made on these forums for once.

i use custom view. i can use cockpit view but i don't because i don't have to. why should someone who you have never met be forced to play a game the way you want to play it? after all they payed the same price for their license as you did.
Quote from dadge :i use custom view. i can use cockpit view but i don't because i don't have to. why should someone who you have never met be forced to play a game the way you want to play it? after all they payed the same price for their license as you did.

What do you mean by forced? Nobody is forced, not even those are forced to allow chase view users to be on same server that don't want to, it is option from that very reason
Quote from WGooden :lol, I love how like people who are paranoid because they don't use cockpit view and haven't used it enough to be just as fast with it like always try to think of excuses to make them feel like they really don't have an advantage and there's actually valid reasons for using some stupid ass 'sit in front of the bumper', or 'flying 20 feet behind the car' view. Just stop trying to fight everyone because you can't drive with cockpit view unlike the rest of the world, and anyone who races in real life.

I use the "stupid ass sit in front of the bumper" view, however I am just as slow using the cockpit view. I just choose to use a different view because I prefer it. The reason the FCV even exists is because of people being paranoid that custom views give you an advantage.
last i checked, it was called "Forced Cockpit View" which would mean that you would be forced to use cockpit view. in other words, can i use custom view in a FCV server? or would i be forced to use cockpit view. you see where this is going lol.
Quote from Stigpt :I tried to read your post, but could only look at your avatar. Sorry.

Ahhh... right...

Quote from JTbo :If we look big amount of those that use cockpit view, it seems that they tend to have more mature way of racing, but of course as always there are exceptions.

And that's a fact! Corroborated by...

Honestly, you couldn't be more full of it!

Quote from fujiwara :I wonder how life was before the ability to know who was driving with what cam...and i'm not talking just about follow camera, there's plenty on custom cams and wheels only cam.

Until a few months nobody knew nothing, just the usual polls would tell more about the users camera, but now it seems fine to label people.

Well, there's still some reasonable comments...

- fujiwara, things were just too quiet before this, we gotta spice life!
Quote from dadge :last i checked, it was called "Forced Cockpit View" which would mean that you would be forced to use cockpit view. in other words, can i use custom view in a FCV server? or would i be forced to use cockpit view. you see where this is going lol.

But there will be both kind of servers, both parties would be happy, everyone wins?

Or maybe there should be also setting force non cockpit view, where cockpit view is not allowed at all, that would be fair

I think both would be used very little and majority of servers will have option set so that you can use whatever view you like.
Quote from JTbo :But there will be both kind of servers, both parties would be happy, everyone wins?

but looking at this thread it seems that people now want to control others perception of realism. you can still be fully immersed in lfs with any of the views. i remeber a few weeks back i was driving @ AS2 and a car infront of me flipped, i managed to drive under it. when i drove under it u physically ducked to make sure i cleared it lol. i'm sure this has happened to alot of drivers using any view.
Quote from dadge :but looking at this thread it seems that people now want to control others perception of realism. you can still be fully immersed in lfs with any of the views. i remeber a few weeks back i was driving @ AS2 and a car infront of me flipped, i managed to drive under it. when i drove under it u physically ducked to make sure i cleared it lol. i'm sure this has happened to alot of drivers using any view.

True, have had that happening and it was indeed quite nice to duck under it

Also it seems true that some seem to like force cockpit view option to be removed, perhaps some also think it would be cockpit only in future, but I'm thinking there would be specific mode for those that require realism or then just enough of those options to turn this and that so that there is not those unrealistic features available, but let's see what direction it is headed in future.
+1 For realism, as long as they don't remove the new feature Scawen implanted (the thing to adjust the driver's position inside of the car.

More than 75% of the community wants this, and I think it would be a good thing for realism.
Quote from Riders Motion :More than 75% of the community wants this, and I think it would be a good thing for realism.

Almost 25% of the community doesn't want this.

You really want the devs to ignore one quarter of the drivers?
I wonder, if 25% of the community / all the chase veiw users quited, wonder if you would be happy then, or sorry afterwards.
Quote from The Very End :I wonder, if 25% of the community / all the chase veiw users quited, wonder if you would be happy then, or sorry afterwards.

Do you post on here for the fun of it?
No, I post because I`m seriously feed up by some of the ****s on this forum, that tells me how to drive, and how I AM GOING TO FREAKIN ENJOY THE GAME. I enjoy the game my way, you enjoy it your way. I don`t say that`s your way of playing is wrong, but you do. Whining that chase veiw has advatages, and beeing soooooooo darned non - realistic.

You know what?
Start midning your own buisness, I`m fed up by people who tries to be important by looking down or trying to offend people that don`t enjoy the same things as themselfe. Or who don`t like to use cockpit by eighter opinion based reasons, or by hardware reasons.

When that is said, this post was not pointed towards you Pearcy
Yeah totally agree TVE, only utter cocks like cockpits.

Sorry, I took the wrong coat last time.
The poll is a bit poor anyway, I haven't voted because of that. Just look at the way it's worded.

Could just as easily be:

Other Views Too- Freedom is a wonderful thing, it doesn't make the game any easier, you don't have to change what you do yourself. Peace Out y'all.

Cockpit View Only- Make everyone play the way you play, because you're full of yourself and always think you're right. God you're arrogant.

At the moment you can enjoy it your way. Fine. But don't come running when Scawen removes it, as I'm sure he will eventually. Then you have to relearn from scratch...
Quote from sinbad :The poll is a bit poor anyway, I haven't voted because of that. Just look at the way it's worded.

Could just as easily be:

Other Views Too- Freedom is a wonderful thing, it doesn't make the game any easier, you don't have to change what you do yourself. Peace Out y'all.

Cockpit View Only- Make everyone play the way you play, because you're full of yourself and always think you're right. God you're arrogant.

Rofl But there is some trught in that.
Now, I don`t say that everyone who voted for only cockpit veiw are co*s, I just points out that someone really should try to understand other people, instead of beeing full of themselfe.

Hopefully Chase Veiw never will be removed, it`s freedom I tell ya, FREEDOM!!

And tristan, didn`t you get a notice from scawen itself not long ago, by not beeing offensive towards other people. Scawen wants realistic gaming, thats for sure, but he aswell has the ability to understand the matter of choise, and therfor the only thing he has done is to make it a server choise thingy. And there aren`t many servers that use it eighter btw. I`m glad your not in the position to affect how they develop the game, if they had been anything like the offending beeing you are, I`ll bet that the community would be nothing near as big as it is today.

Limit the choises, limit the community.

Edit : I`ll wonder how many cockpit fanatics that are going to jump the flametrain...
And why I get feeling that quite noisy (few) members of here are against having option for force cockpit view ?

Isn't that exactly limiting options?
No, I don`t see it as limiting. Because it`s not something that affects the physics. But again, we`re not starting that discussion again.
Point is, it`s something that allways has been in the game, why remove it? It`s not something that causes any harm for other people. If people don`t like it, they are free to create leagues / servers with forced cockpit veiw. That way they can make sure they get what they want, that everyone is using the same veiw.

At least imo removing chase veiw would be a big step against the ability to chose how to play the game. We don`t need to tell people how to play the game, people are free to chose by themselve how they want to play it.
There allready are too much negative energy against anything that ain`t using a wheel. Thats the same thing, a matter of choise what kind of driving imput your using. And it`s important to understand that sometimes it`s based on hardware / economy aswell.
Can't be bothered to read all eight pages of this thread so if i'm repeating previously made points then, tough !

There's one simple answer to this yunno, LFS lite and LFS Max

LFS lite for the nambies, i.e anything goes.

LFS Max for the nutters, i.e only a hardcore option allowed

There's loads of hardcore restrictions i'd like to bring in, but only as an option to have them all on or all off.
Quote from Mazz4200 :Can't be bothered to read all eight pages of this thread so if i'm repeating previously made points then, tough !

There's one simple answer to this yunno, LFS lite and LFS Max

LFS lite for the nambies, i.e anything goes.

LFS Max for the nutters, i.e only a hardcore option allowed

There's loads of hardcore restrictions i'd like to bring in, but only as an option to have them all on or all off.

When did the camera veiw tell if your a newbie or not?
There is many drivers out there that doesn`t use cockpit veiw, that are both skilled and fast. How can you belive that only cockpit veiw users are the only "not newbie" people in LFS.

But allright, I`ll go for LFS arcade then, since I don`t use cockpit veiw -.-

But time for bed now.
Freedom to the people, tho LFS isn`t a democracy.
Well I think there will be options on some things, but anything related to driving physics, I doubt there will be, so damage and such are going to be set by master himself and no options, views and such probably options and such. Really, really wish that there is optionsets for hardcore nutters so it would be possible to set proper realistic events every now and then

Who is going to remove cockpit view? AFAIK it is just guess of future actions, which may be very bad guess as we know, master has been quite surprising with his actions, who did know about clutch temp being worked on before announcement?
Quote from JTbo :And why I get feeling that quite noisy (few) members of here are against having option for force cockpit view ?

Isn't that exactly limiting options?

It doesn't come down to that really, and I think you know that. A force chase-cam option wouldn't be very well received would it? Or a force auto-clutch option. It's not about the number of options.

I think chase-cam is certainly no easier than any other view, and as a result I don't care if everyone or no one else uses it.
I don't think chase cam will ever be removed. From a developer's point of view, I can't see how one would all of the sudden decide to force a large portion of the community to change their style of playing. I'd be willing to bet the majority of the 'aliens' use cockpit view. If chase cam has so many advantages then why aren't they topping the leaderboards?

I love LFS as much as anyone here and enjoy playing it all the time. There is no need to take the joy out of the game by forcing options such as camera views. Some of us just grew up with racing games using chase view all the time. It'd be like forcing you to sign your name with your opposite hand all the time.

Cockpit View Only
(295 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG