The online racing simulator
DFP steering axis not recognised in LFS?
Hi chaps

Just got my DFP and I'm setting it up. All went well with the profiler (4.60), had no trouble configuring the buttons and pedal axes in LFS, but turning the wheel doesn't make any of the axes in the Controls section move, so I can't assign steering to anything! Has anyone had this problem before and know the solution? I'm keen to try out my new toy...
Duh... Had the calibration lock on! Panic over, sorry guys!
#3 - Phill
meh! i had similiar problems with my old Microsoft wheel.. besides, i hope there's a sulution to your prob... since im getting the DFP withing a week!

doh! haha, glad you solved it!
Hmm... The steering lock when set to 720 degrees is really mushy and it's easy to push the wheel past it. Not sure if this is because I've got the FFB strength set quite low or what, but I was expecting something a bit more effective. Is this normal?
It is definitely not a solid stop when you set 720. It is springy to me, but it is enough to let you know you are at the end of the travel. Don't let it bug you, if you are out there on the stops when racing, you are either turning around after a spin, or you are in an unrecoverable spin .
Quote from thisnameistaken :Hmm... The steering lock when set to 720 degrees is really mushy and it's easy to push the wheel past it. Not sure if this is because I've got the FFB strength set quite low or what, but I was expecting something a bit more effective. Is this normal?

The only solid stops on the DFP are at 270 and 900, everywhere else just uses the FFB motor to stop rotation. I don't think increasing the forces in LFS will help either, because AFAIK, this is something in the Logitech drivers, not LFS.
Yeah I've tried upping the FFB and it made no difference, oh well, it's not a major thing as Hallen pointed out

I have to say, this wheel has already demonstrated to me the importance of smooth steering in LFS. I always tried to turn smoothly before but with a notchy, horrible wheel, and I'm seeing my apex speeds being a couple of mph faster already with the DFP in some places (knocked .25 off my first split at BL1 on my first try). It feels so much nicer than my old wheel, I'm glad I got it.

Only real problem at the moment is catching slides, for obvious reasons, but I suppose I'll learn. And remember that it's got a massive turning radius when I'm pointing the wrong way and trying to get back on the circuit

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG