The online racing simulator
Home made 6 speed h-shifter
(12 posts, started )
Hi all,this is my first post on this forum...even though i have been an lfs nut for 3 years now. Anyway...was looking for an h-shifter on the internet and was amazed to find only actlabs were producing such a device. when i read further found this had been discontinued!i then set about building one of my own and after the first prototype worked i built a better version. i have posted a movie(hopefully it worked) of my creation. next stage is to make an operational clutch pedal. the movie file is a .mov type.taken on a digital kodak camera.quicktime i think.
I would be interested to hear what other racers think of it. it was incredibily easy to build, and it brings a more realistic feel to the game.it can also be setup to have a sequential change. i used an old usb controller, digital type..really basic...but with the R and L buttins at the top, this gave me at least 8 usable switch contacts. bought micro switches and soldered wires between pcb and switches. when i plugged it in xp recognised it and then all i had to do was assign the gears in lfs. job done. well thats all for now..hope you like it
Attached images
100_1006.JPG
100_1024.JPG
Amazing piece of work there, would you mind post the link to your video as well? would love to see that too
#3 - axus
Very impressive. I take it you haven't added force feedback motors though?
not sure on how or where to upload video.16.8mb rar file...lfs only allow1.95 mb...any suggestions ?
no forcefeedback...theres a program you can get for use with the actlabs shifter..which when used with a clutch can give missed gear "crunches". unfortunately its out of my computer knowledge on how to change registry keys etc to make it work on mine...
Quote from nonjalalo :not sure on how or where to upload video.16.8mb rar file...lfs only allow1.95 mb...any suggestions ?

www.putfile.com
or
www.yousendit.com

I'm looking forward to watch the movie

*EDIT*
I'd recommend putfile, or maybe www.megaupload.com!
No problem mate.. (:
ty mikkel, i'll try them now
Careful! KiD might accuse you of putting this in the wrong subforum!

The shifter looks very cool :up: nice work! A little tutorial of how you did everything, or something would be cool for those possibly interested
i will post a few photos of the mechanism and what i used to build it
#11 - axus
Quote from the_angry_angel :Careful! KiD might accuse you of putting this in the wrong subforum!

The shifter looks very cool :up: nice work! A little tutorial of how you did everything, or something would be cool for those possibly interested

Either KiD or Vykos

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG