The online racing simulator
#1 - SamH
Yellow flag errors - Blackwood (Reversed)
Just been driving on BL1R and it appears there is something odd about the yellow flag indicators. On every lap in the same place, LFS is reporting yellow flags when there are no events triggering them. The flags happen on the new Castrol straight (far side of the track), at the beginning of the long straight, and again on the pit straight.

Is the yellow flag spline (if there is such a thing) updated for the new Blackwood?
Same here Sam. Just came from BL1R for my 2nd visit there since Y, and on both occasions track was throwing yellow flags as you describe.
Others on the server pointed this out too. Suggest keep away from this one for CTRA until sorted, has already knocked my yellow flag ratio up a notch and might have done same for others.
#3 - SamH
I feel bad about not spotting it before the new patch release, but I did almost all my testing alone on the track, and you don't get yellow flag indicators if you're causing it, only if you're behind the one causing it
... I saw that when racing against the AI on BL1R and thought it was because of them braking and swerving and just didn't want to mention a generic-and-well-known "the AI is doing strange things". *sigh*
It seems you can't avoid getting a yellow flag at those points no matter what you do. Even a slow steady speed staying in the very center of the track triggers them at those points.

This has created a *massive increase in my yellow flag stats at CTRA. Thus, my yellow flags stats should be reset to zero

*Use of word 'massive' was for dramatic effect only. Actual increase was only minor.
Quote from Mr.549 :How can I fix it? It is annoying me!

The reverse tracks aren`t available in the Y demo and that yellow flag problem wasn`t there in X or earlier.

How come as a demo user you seem to be having this problem?
On CTRA UF-BR (i think), on Blackwood Reverse, when going under the second bridge (after 2nd corner - the one with a picture of a tyre on it)

I get 'Use Caution whilst recovering', Even when I'm travelling at speeds of up to 75 mph
#8 - Gil07
I managed to trick the flags last night, the trick is: Slow in, fast out Didn't get much yellows I think
#9 - SamH
Quote from JO53PHS :On CTRA UF-BR (i think), on Blackwood Reverse, when going under the second bridge (after 2nd corner - the one with a picture of a tyre on it)

I get 'Use Caution whilst recovering', Even when I'm travelling at speeds of up to 75 mph

Yep.. that place too. The points where the cautions/yellows are thrown appear to be where the old version of the track intersects with the new version of the track.. so I think the yellow flag path hasn't been migrated to the new track, for the reverse config.
Quote from SamH :Yep.. that place too. The points where the cautions/yellows are thrown appear to be where the old version of the track intersects with the new version of the track.. so I think the yellow flag path hasn't been migrated to the new track, for the reverse config.

Is the yellow flag path something to do with LFS or CTRA?
Nothing was wrong for me on BL1R.
I have this bug too. Somewhat hard to figure out if it's legit or not during a race.
I found this error on the CTRA 1 server at BL1. there seems to be a yellow flag in sector 2 yet no cars in that area.
Attached images
lfs_00000688.jpg
I had this issue too, kind of annoying when you see "USE CAUTION WHEN RECOVERING" 2-3 times a lap for 5 or so laps.

Quote from Zachary Zoomy :I found this error on the CTRA 1 server at BL1. there seems to be a yellow flag in sector 2 yet no cars in that area.

That screenies from a replay i hope
#15 - SamH
For the sake of a bump, and to confirm that this bug is still present in Patch Z.
Quote from SamH :For the sake of a bump, and to confirm that this bug is still present in Patch Z.

That is weird my lfs seems fine
I can confirm that the bug's still there on lfs with bl1r ufbr.

Yellow flag errors - Blackwood (Reversed)
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG