The online racing simulator
Missing options in Y patch
(12 posts, started )
Where has the options of blip throttle on downchange, and cut throttle on shift change gone. I only have a joypad at the moment, so these where really helpful
#2 - JTbo
Quote from adekeys :Where has the options of blip throttle on downchange, and cut throttle on shift change gone. I only have a joypad at the moment, so these where really helpful

Those had been removed.

You should be able to cut throttle manually, blipping might be tad difficult, but shift down only when you are about to accelerate again and it should not cause lot of trouble, also it is not much slower when done well
I'm afraid that you have to cut the throttle and blip on downshifts...

LFS no longer does it for you

The manual gearbox is now a full manual so you have to press the clutch as well.

BTW don't say 'Man, Patch Y sucks'.
Quote from JTbo :Those had been removed.

You should be able to cut throttle manually, blipping might be tad difficult, but shift down only when you are about to accelerate again and it should not cause lot of trouble, also it is not much slower when done well

Got the reply in there just before me lol
#5 - Yiots
I think the sequential shifters have been singled out here... I mean what's the point of having a paddle shifter if you have to lift for upshifts, a simple option for up-blip is all that was needed to calm the quarrel but it was removed. I was planning on getting a H pattern soon but I didn't want to be forced into doing so.
Quote from Yiots :I think the sequential shifters have been singled out here... I mean what's the point of having a paddle shifter if you have to lift for upshifts, a simple option for up-blip is all that was needed to calm the quarrel but it was removed. I was planning on getting a H pattern soon but I didn't want to be forced into doing so.

Wellcome to the real life
________
Volvo v70
But it's NOT real life - it's just a computer program :\
#8 - (SaM)
Quote from Yiots :I mean what's the point of having a paddle shifter if you have to lift for upshifts

You don't have a paddle shifter, you're using a fully manual gearbox.
It's just that your controller simulates being a fully automatic.
Quote from Yiots :I think the sequential shifters have been singled out here... I mean what's the point of having a paddle shifter if you have to lift for upshifts, a simple option for up-blip is all that was needed to calm the quarrel but it was removed. I was planning on getting a H pattern soon but I didn't want to be forced into doing so.

There's only one "flappy paddle" car in LFS, and that is the BF1. It's not LFS's fault that you've only got paddles. Not saying it's yours, but you should not get an advantage because you only have paddles.

You should get a gated shifter, if you can afford it. It's so much more fun that way
#10 - JTbo

How wrong you can be, I have used dfp with patch-y and I can change gear perfectly fine with paddles.

You just lift same time you push upshift and blip same time you downshift, very easy and much easier than with g25 I recently acquired.

I have also set up button clutch, but that I use only at pitstops and when I spin to avoid that auto clutch to burn my clutch
#11 - wien
Quote from Fat-Alfie :But it's NOT real life - it's just a computer program :\

A program who's goal is to simulate real life as close as practically possible.
#12 - joen
Quote from Fat-Alfie :But it's NOT real life - it's just a computer program :\

Quote from LFS Homepage :LFS S2 is a serious racing simulator. No arcade modes, no steering aids - YOU have to do the driving. It is therefore highly recommended to drive the sim with a steering wheel, because even though you can use keyboard and/or mouse, a wheel is what you use in a real car, so a wheel should be used in a serious racing simulator. Especially when going online, where fast reactions are required.

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG