The online racing simulator
LFS Patch Bug
(13 posts, started )
#1 - Dead
LFS Patch Bug
LFS Patch Y Bug

1st run : no problem, the game is playable.
2nd run and after : the game runs at 2 FPS.

Why ?

#2 - Dead
Maybe a memory leak in Patch Y
1st time, you run the game, that is, you put it in memory, and the game runs normally, that is at 40/60 FPS.

You quit the game, and just after, you run it again, there is no place in memory, and the game runs at 2 FPS.

This is the sign of a memory leak !
#3 - Dead
It Works ???
Now it works again without doing anything !
#4 - Dead
It doesn't work at all !
Even if I restart my computer after 15 hours (in order to have a safe and cleaned memory), and launch the game first, at the first time the game runs at 2 FPS, with looped sound and disappearing of the logo "Live for Speed" when I quit the game !

There is a serious bug with patch Y ...
Check what else is going on. Ctrl+Alt+Delete and check the prosseses. If there's something going on, like a virus scanner, turn it off.
#6 - Dead
I'm waiting for Patch Z cause Patch Y doesn't work at all !
Clean your computer and defragment etc. All what you can do, it should make it faster. + There can be dust in your computer, (open it) and clean it from it, that can cause also some FPS lose I think.
Quote from Dead :I'm waiting for Patch Z cause Patch Y doesn't work at all !

hmmm then you must be the only one who has got a not working Patch Y. Maybe you should check your PC. Seriously something wrong. Maybe a bad HD. Or memory.
#9 - Dead
If it was a problem with my computer :

Patch U would not work,
Patch W would not work,
Patch X would not work.

It's not the case !

Patch U works,
Patch W works,
Patch X works,
And only Patch Y doesn't work !
Is it south City you are trying to run when it goes 2fps?
#11 - Dead
No, i'm a demo racer.
Try re-installing it? Delete it from PC completely and then install it again, maybe it should work, don't overwrite it, just like get all LFS files out.
I had same kind of problem yesterday, when I tested infotoolsv4 (telemetry via lan). Only once, 'tho (Restarting LFS fixed the lag).
Edit: The problem occured naturally in LFS, not in infotoolsv4.
Maybe it has something to do with insim? Maybe it has something to do with m$? Maybe it has something to do with demoracers.

LFS Patch Bug
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG