The online racing simulator
LFS keeps on crashing [solved]
(12 posts, started )
Ok, it started happening about 2 weeks ago, the game was randomly crashing during gameplay and when it waso n spectator.

Now I can't go 5 minuits without the game saying "LFS has encountered a problem and has to close"

So I made a new LFS fil,e totally new directory and started from scratch, tried it with the old P patch and the game crashed. Tried it with the Q patch and yet again, it crashed. I changed my shading optiions from highest quality one step towards "Performance" still the same results.

Tried putting my settings back to what they were before to stop lag, the multiplayer car distance etc, still the same.

So has any one else had the same problem which odly just occurred. (Just happend to come before my league race...next one is this Sunday so i'm hoping to have it fixed by then)

Thanks for your help.

Ray
Bummer to hear ur still having drama's well my guess is from what you've said its not LFS but something else with your hardware/software..
Have you changed anything else about 2 weeks ago? (i.e. driver for anything printer, modem, video, game controller, etc or have you installed any new hardware or software)

I had LFS (and whole PC) crashing everytime I went online, but at intermittent intervals, this was after I had done a major PC upgrade though.. and I spent about 2 or 3 weeks going around in circles trying to find the problem (thinking it was memory or motherboard related) only too finaly work out it was an incompatible modem driver causing the problem in my old modem once I updated the driver it was all fine again..
nooooooo not again
hiya baggie m8

have you updated ur gcard drivers????? other than that i have no clue

hope you sort it soon m8
or could it be internet trouble that keeps disconnecting you (run the usaul tests, defrag and antispyware/virus killers that you have) and see if that helps
Thanks for the replys, I updated my GFX driver last night and the game is crashing, not cutting me off. I'll check to see if i've added anything new to my system but I don't think i've added anything new.

I'll post later if I find out the problem.

Regards,
The recent applications i've installed are Team speak and AVG Free anti virus thingy, need that for a while 'till I get my pirate symantec disk back.

Do you think these 2 could cause the game to crash?

Thanks again.
Well, one way to find out. Disable the antivirus, and hop in the game for a 1/2 hours.

Also, will it crash during sp? Or only on-line?
Whats your OS? Winxp?
It crashes during both sadly, even though the only sp I do is hotlapping.

It was working perfect earlier, for like an hour or 2, then Kaybe asked me to put on TS, it was fine for about half an hour then it crashed, so whether it's that or not I dunno, i'm just going to turn it off and find out.

Yes it's Xp.
Quote from Bawbag : 'till I get my pirate symantec disk back.

:doh: Now they know where you live and the polis will come knocking on your door!
On a more serious note, is XP up to date?(not hookey is it?) Is it patched to SP2? Is the latest DX on board?
Quote from Doorman ::doh: Now they know where you live and the polis will come knocking on your door!

It was a typo he meant to say private

Bawbag is it getting hotter than it used too? (i.e. fan may have stopped working in case ) Do you have hardware monitoring which tells you the temp, failing that take the lid off and touch the cpu, gpu and any other heat sinks and see if you burn yourself and visually check all fans are working...
What they gunna do if they can't find my private disk?

Well onto the topic, it was TS afterall.

As most things I eventually fix, it was me being desperate and trying anything, it was Kaybe who suggested that because I was hearing LFS and my team mates through the same sound source that this was the problem. So I coudln't see anything else to do other than check this box saying "Wave" instead of direct sound, indeedy it worked and here is the screen shot of how it looks if anything else has similar problems.

Thanks very much for all the posts and replys.
Attached images
this.JPG

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG