The online racing simulator
AI drivers with 'definable' traits?
Hi,

Sometimes during some boring hours on the servers, sometimes I let the AI race instead... and it tends to get boring, that one knows that ALL the AI drivers behave virtually the same.

My suggestion for the AI is to allow the user to define a 'characteristic' that changes the AI's behavior. For example, if I chose 'Driver A' to be 'Aggressive', then he could care a little less about getting his car damaged when overtaking. Or if I set 'Driver B' to 'Cautious', that he drives slowly and overtakes ONLY if he is 100% sure if he can do it unscathed.
Sound's cool+1
But LFS is that U drive -1

LFS S2 is a serious racing simulator. No arcade modes, no steering aids - YOU have to do the driving. It is therefore highly recommended to play the sim with a wheel, because even though you can use keyboard and/or mouse, a wheel is what you use in a real car, so a wheel should be used in a serious racing simulator. Especially when going online, where fast reactions are required.

I have copy from LFS download site (Www.gamershell.com)
Um, I DO race. But sometimes I get bored of that. So I go offline to watch the AI race. Maybe I didn't word some things correctly.
#4 - Woz
Yep I think there are a few things that would be good.

How aggressive they are.
How prone they are are to mistakes.
How fast they are.

The ideal would be a number of parameters that can eb tweaked per AI.
Quote from GTR_Yuni :Sometimes during some boring hours on the servers, sometimes I let the AI race instead... and it tends to get boring, that one knows that ALL the AI drivers behave virtually the sameMy suggestion for the AI is to allow the user to define a 'characteristic' that changes the AI's behavior

+1
I like driving with AI drivers too, when I'm not online, and now with patch Y, they are much faster, make pitstops, so it's much more fun than before, and you can let the AI's drive for very long races.. :-)
Quote from aroX123 :LFS S2 is a serious racing simulator. No arcade modes, no steering aids - YOU have to do the driving. It is therefore highly recommended to play the sim with a wheel

One of the reasons that I use LFS is that you drive it by keyboard, because I like to drive my racesims by KB
#6 - joen
I must say, I think it's a pretty good idea. I wonder how much harder it would make the already complex task of programming the AI, but if feasible I think it would be great.
If you train one AI more than another AI, the first one will be faster, so you have some influence on them
Quote from HeerBommel :+1
I like driving with AI drivers too, when I'm not online, and now with patch Y, they are much faster, make pitstops, so it's much more fun than before, and you can let the AI's drive for very long races.. :-)

One of the reasons that I use LFS is that you drive it by keyboard, because I like to drive my racesims by KB

I use Steering Wheel
And what does using a steering wheel have to do with AI drivers?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG