(31 posts, started )
Admin /Kick - Ban BUG!
Hi,

Please fix this...

Try ban or kick (with admin commands) this nick

Example:
Attached images
kick_ban_BUG.jpg
you have to use his username not his gamename. Press ctrl-shift and look at the connections list.
Quote from tristancliffe :you have to use his username not his gamename. Press ctrl-shift and look at the connections list.

Sorry, DEMO server

This problem is from DEMO servers...
right click on him, then add /ban at the start and a number at the end. Does that work?
Quote from tristancliffe :Does that work?

No

Some BUG! with colours in nick?
in the screenshot you took, you had left click on him (to direct a message at him). Just checking you aren't trying to ban from there.

If you post a bit more info rather than 1 line per post then it would make my life easier helping you. As it is I am going to assume that there is no bug and that you are stupid. If you aren't, sorry, but I can't assume you know every LFS trick unless you make it obvious you're not a noob.
maybe it would be easier if every player could get something like a session number, so you just have to type "/kick 5"...

Maybe not all people (including me) didn't now about the right click function.... (Thats what I love about LFS, everyday you can find new handy things in this game )

3j
There are some possible ways to encounter a kick or ban problem with some name text on old demo hosts. But as long as the host is version Q there should be no problem. You don't need to enter the colours but you can if you like, so the right click is recommended unless the player name is very easy to type.

I remember someone reporting a bug recently, but the /ban text seemed to be coloured. The /kick or /ban must be in "default colour" which is the button on the right (CTRL+8) but it's default anyway so you don't really need to know that.
Thanks Scawen.
Hi,

first ... please forgive me my worse english ... i do my very best!

I have a problem ... similar to the opening post. Today we have two Guests on our Server (Version Q).
Guest 1 - www.Dj-Pipolo.de.tt <-deafult colour
Guest 2 - (cp) Fat_Panda <-multicolour

Both persons i have banned and there ID´s were added to the banlist ... i checked this. But nothing more happens ... no kick!

So i try to kick them manually ... first by right click on her names in the connection list ... pressing pos1 on keyboard and adding an /kick of course ... but nothing happens, too!

K, i thought. Im arent a noob so i connect to our root and copy the names from the host20000.txt file to the ded.Server Window and paste it ... same result ... nothing happens!

Finally they go by them self ... but this isnt a real solution, isnt it?!

Any Idea ... what is going wrong?

with greetings
Hello BlackSoul,

if you have to ban someone ( ) you have to use their lfs-world nickname. Open the connection list (press n until it is visible) and hold CTRL+SHIFT to get their lfs-account names.

Regards,

nazzard
Yes, it's different in licensed modes, because we can use the unique user names.

If you do the right click while CTRL+SHIFT are held down, that should copy their user name into the text box.
Hi,

hmmm ... k, but the problem isnt that the two wasn´t banned. The problem was to kick them from the server! The ban was sucessful first time i innitiate it.
The clue with CTRL-SHIFT ... thanks for it, i will check it today evening with my mates.

with greetings
Something happened with me some days ago, i were accidently banned. I tried to rejoin the server and it WORKED.
#15 - SamH
Quote from Scawen :There are some possible ways to encounter a kick or ban problem with some name text on old demo hosts. But as long as the host is version Q there should be no problem. You don't need to enter the colours but you can if you like, so the right click is recommended unless the player name is very easy to type.

I remember someone reporting a bug recently, but the /ban text seemed to be coloured. The /kick or /ban must be in "default colour" which is the button on the right (CTRL+8) but it's default anyway so you don't really need to know that.

Sadly this hasn't turned out to be the case with patch Q, both patched locally and on the server. I'm still having problems spectating, kicking and banning SOME wreckers from our demo server.

I've tried every method to administer "justice" upon the wreckers.. including manually typing their names, right-clicking and editing the textbox to add "/kick " etc.. even right-clicking, adding "/kick " and removing the spaces from their name... null response.

HOWEVER.. if a vote is successful, the wrecker is always ejected.. SO.. they haven't gazumped the system entirely.. the LFS server CAN find them and kick/ban them.. but it's falling down for administrators.

It would make more sense if the kick/ban buttons, for ADMINISTRATORS, just kicked/banned, rather than initiating a vote. If the button is clicked by someone logged in with the admin password, shouldn't it just kick rather than put it to the vote?

Perhaps clicking on kick/ban could initiate a vote, while Ctrl+Shift*kick/ban be an instant kick/ban?

Should I post this in Improvements/Suggestions? Who invented liquid soap? and why??
It would be good if you could save a MPR of a time this happened, and let me know which racer it was that you couldn't ban - so i can run LFS in the debugger and see the name of the demo racer, exactly as it appeared to LFS. Then i should be able to figure out why it didn't work.

But before you do that - i should point out that the dedicated host must be upgraded to version Q as well. A P dedicated host could definitely suffer from known problems, if you try to ban the offending user while you are admin on a Q guest.

EDIT : sorry, i see you said the host is definitely patched. OK... then i need to see an MPR so i can understand how the racer's name could be immune to admin banning.
hi scawen,

could we possible add a unique number system to the names tags possible to a future release,has i've notice that ppl are coming in with weird looking name characters,although the right click does remove them,i also notice that the wreckers are coming back with diffrent names accounts,

example: ppl using french character fonts.

at the moment i'm using the demo set,although i have both s1,s2 sets with patch q.

ta
banger
#19 - SamH
Quote from Scawen :It would be good if you could save a MPR of a time this happened, and let me know which racer it was that you couldn't ban - so i can run LFS in the debugger and see the name of the demo racer, exactly as it appeared to LFS. Then i should be able to figure out why it didn't work.

But before you do that - i should point out that the dedicated host must be upgraded to version Q as well. A P dedicated host could definitely suffer from known problems, if you try to ban the offending user while you are admin on a Q guest.

EDIT : sorry, i see you said the host is definitely patched. OK... then i need to see an MPR so i can understand how the racer's name could be immune to admin banning.

Sorry for the delay.. just returned to this post. I've been admining today, and further to my post previously, I've observed the following:

Assuming either colours or special characters are involved, and all when right-clicking and editing the name: kick works; ban complains that 2 parameters are required.

I'll go through replays - I have hundreds and hundreds of them - and find one where I've attempted a ban and subsequently failed. Will attach to post, or email.

Thanks in advance
Sam

EDIT : Thousands and thousands of them :-\
Yes, two parameters are required. From readme.txt :

/ban X Y :ban user X for Y days (0 = 12 hours)

So (in demo mode, if the playername was samh) you'd have to type :

/ban samh 5

And that would ban samh's IP for 5 days (in demo mode).
Note : In S2 mode it must be the user name, not player name, and then user name is banned.
#21 - SamH
Okay I've been assuming that the Y parameter was hours, not days. I've been banning people for 6 months apparently!

Attached is an attempted (and failed) ban I performed, just moments ago. Ultimately, the guys on the server voted the ban so he's at least banned for 12 hours anyway.. which means I have time to make this post!

I presume you'll see in the debug, but just for clarification, I tried 2 attempts at a ban before the vote to ban succeeded: right-click+edit and; manually typed. Both my client and the server are revision Q patched.

Hope this helps! Or that you can let me know which idiotic error I'm making!

Cheers
Sam
Attached files
BL1_race_5L_0R_0F_19.mpr - 552.7 KB - 269 views
#22 - avih
Quote from arrow20 :It's been brought to our attention that Team IDI have made a hack that either figures out the admin password to our demo server or has a hack which makes them invincible to banning on our servers, any one know how to fix this?
arrow 20
Fusion Team Leader

If indeed true, I think it's about time to take some serious action with these idiots. Like banning from the master server etc.
#23 - SamH
Another example of a ban that just won't stick. "This command needs 2 parameters".. I've put 'em in, and it's still asking.

At the moment, I'm having to make do with repeated kicks until they give up. Here, a wrecker I know only too well, is creating a roadblock while I'm trying desperately to ban him. It'd take me weeks to figure out the characters in his name in order to manually type it, so I have to right-click and edit, but all to no avail.

I haven't seen any evidence of any new IDI "tool". No admin status has been compromised, and it hasn't been impossible to at least KICK wreckers. I'm sure if such a tool had come into being, it would have proliferated before now and I'd have seen its effect. So I rather think the IDI team continues to talk total and utter bollocks, matched only by their complete, collective inability to drive a hot lap.
Attached files
BL1_race_5L_10R_7F_16.mpr - 1.3 MB - 246 views
well ive also had this pillock on server,and he claims that he has dynamic ip so that ban option not going to work!.at the moment i just ban the bugger for 12 hours,until a proper solution is heard.
#25 - SamH
Quote from banger :well ive also had this pillock on server,and he claims that he has dynamic ip so that ban option not going to work!.at the moment i just ban the bugger for 12 hours,until a proper solution is heard.

The dynamic IP will always be a problem. I've had the same IP for 1 year 6 days so far, but many of my friends get new ones daily, and some of them more frequently than that.

A way to solve the problem might be to establish a key identifier. The first time an LFS client connects, it's given a unique code, generated by the master server, which it hides in the computer's registry. Then, each time the computer connects to the master server, it cross-checks its value and is uniquely identified.

The computer now has a direct relationship with the master server which would not be removed by re-extracting LFS, changing IP, name or any other variable element. The effort for the wrecker to find and kill the unique identifier in the registry would most likely be so much like hard work that the practice of wrecking on demo servers would be significantly diminished. There are ways in which it would be possible to hide the registry entry so well that it would be impossible to establish a routine removal plan.

I don't know what the future holds for LFS Demo servers, but I'd be more than delighted to host a wrecker-defeating version of LFS Demo on ours.

Admin /Kick - Ban BUG!
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG