The online racing simulator
Setups - X38
(46 posts, started )
Setups - X38
How do you use setups from X10 in the X38 patch?
You just need to convert the file names to the new file prefix: eg. XFG instead of XF GTI.
Quote from Fabri91 :You just need to convert the file names to the new file prefix: eg. XFG instead of XF GTI.

Thankyou very much.
it does. use the converter tool android linked you to.
#7 - Blues
And remember to put the setups in the "setups folder"
Car sets don't work with new patch Y
Since upgrading to patch Y my car settings don't work at all. I've even redownloaded LFS to make sure wasn't my end but shouldnt be as just brought this new pc 3 days ago. I just have the standard RACE settings on all cars. Not good really...... any ideas?
They're not gone they're not incompatible, the folder has just been changed and the prefix names for the setup files. Scawen just fubared this because it's practically mentioned nowhere... Quick solution: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=34784
All my setups are gone with patch Y
Why did you guys do this....I'm so p***sed right now I feel like never playing again....AAGHGHHGHGHGHGHG
You are a ****ing idiot you know. Search the forum!!!
Quote from Monte Busa :Why did you guys do this....I'm so p***sed I feel like never playing again....AAGHGHHGHGHGHGHG

Do a little reading before you post such nonsense. You are making yourself look like a complete fool in public.

Your setups are still there, but they need to be renamed.

If you had taken five seconds to look in Technical Issues for your technical issue, you would already know this.
Quote from Monte Busa :Why did you guys do this....I'm so p***sed I feel like never playing again....AAGHGHHGHGHGHGHG

With such a charming attitude, what a loss that would be.
First impressions says it all. It's your first post and you're already a hot headed moron.
Setups use a new improved naming system and have their own folder, so as not to share it with colours.

Using the three letter prefix makes it very much more convenient for setup download systems which sometimes had trouble with car names with spaces in them.

There is no built in auto copy and rename from old folder to new, because old setups are now invalid (a little or a lot) due to the reduced engine redlines in all cars and increased base camber on some racing cars. However, there are several batch renamers linked from this forum, if you do want to keep all your old invalid setups.

We didn't do this to **** you up, we did it because it's better than the old system!
Quote from Scawen :increased base camber on some racing cars.

Can I ask, is this definitely just selected racing cars, or is it an effect that is apparent in every car? I've just upgraded my main LFS installation to patch Y, and my old XRT sets seem to be cooking the insides of the tyres a lot more.

I recall it being mentioned in the test patch forum but that's gone now.

Of course, it could also just be that I'm driving hamfistedly and sliding too much.
Just some selected racing cars, I think the FOX was the biggest change.

So the "camber adjust" in all FOX setups needs to be reduced.

Anyway I'm off to bed now, good night!
Quote from Scawen :Setups use a new improved naming system and have their own folder, so as not to share it with colours.

Using the three letter prefix makes it very much more convenient for setup download systems which sometimes had trouble with car names with spaces in them.

There is no built in auto copy and rename from old folder to new, because old setups are now invalid (a little or a lot) due to the reduced engine redlines in all cars and increased base camber on some racing cars. However, there are several batch renamers linked from this forum, if you do want to keep all your old invalid setups.

We didn't do this to **** you up, we did it because it's better than the old system!

It seems that these rather important informations sort of got lost somewhere or is there any other place exept in this thread or probably some other replies of yours pointing on this specific "issue"? Maybe i have just missed it but if not i guess it would be very much appreciated to state such things somewhere in a official form. I've seen so many people asking the same question over and over again...take a guess which it was Or is this some sort of an idi....erm forgive me...IQ test?

As for the patch, love the improvements, addon combo and vehicle and all the other "tiny" things here and there
Quote from 510N3D :It seems that these rather important informations sort of got lost somewhere or is there any other place exept in this thread or probably some other replies of yours pointing on this specific "issue"? Maybe i have just missed it but if not i guess it would be very much appreciated to state such things somewhere in a official form. I've seen so many people asking the same question over and over again...take a guess which it was Or is this some sort of an idi....erm forgive me...IQ test?

Well, when the question was asked, someone usually answered it. I'd feel a bit silly answering again, when I think someone else already gave a good answer!
Night Scawen!

Edit: Blarg. I went off on to another forum while the anti-flood timer went down and in that time you have returned. I feel a tit - and not that of a female, sadly.
Quote from Scawen :Well, when the question was asked, someone usually answered it. I'd feel a bit silly answering again, when I think someone else already gave a good answer!

Touché!

have a good night then mate.
First post as I never needed to before - I'd rather race than spend time on forums frankly speaking...I've raced since Feb of 2007 - I love LFS, and I found my setups, thanks to all those who helped, no thanks to the ones who woudl rather post rude remarks...lighten up please guys....thanks Scawen for the reply BTW.

Quote from sgt.flippy :First impressions says it all. It's your first post and you're already a hot headed moron.

Setups - X38
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG