The online racing simulator
Quote from GrandSurf :Lock to real Monocock Drivers . I stand also on the seat and slip inside.

monocoque? hehehehe. though i'd assume most of the users on this site are monocock.

first, that is an awesome job! clearly a skilled laborer who takes pride in his work. good to see.

ANYWAY, on to my question:

that little thingy between the steering wheel and the monitor, is that the device that measures your head's rotation and turns the camera angle with it? if so, does it feel natural once you're used to it?

thanx,

Speedfreak227
Quote from speedfreak227 :that little thingy between the steering wheel and the monitor, is that the device that measures your head's rotation and turns the camera angle with it? if so, does it feel natural once you're used to it?

Yes, that is TrackIR, see it here: http://www.naturalpoint.com/tr ... roduct-TrackIR-3-PRO.html

They have newer models too.
AMAZING cockpit man!!! Id really like to get myself an H shifter, but i dont know where to buy it from. Anybody got a site in English?
Quote from Vendetta :AMAZING cockpit man!!! Id really like to get myself an H shifter, but i dont know where to buy it from. Anybody got a site in English?

I did not buy the Shifter! Its an Self Made H-Shifter. I use a FF-Logitech Joystick to make it!
Seriously man you should package that and sell it
I'd buy one
That is the best one I have ever seen, congrats. One question though. Is that wheel the logitech one that turns 900 and 180 degrees?
Quote from thsancho :That is the best one I have ever seen, congrats. One question though. Is that wheel the logitech one that turns 900 and 180 degrees?

Yes, its the Logitech Driving Force Pro and i use 270° in PC Racesims. You can control this in the Logitech Driver Software.

Quote from deggis :Just curious, how much you have put money to that?

Great Work !!! But I want to know too, how much did it cost
OMG!!! amazing stuff
made in germany
Quote from MataGyula :Great Work !!! But I want to know too, how much did it cost

If I built it I would NOT want to know how much I spent on it. The time to build alone would be pretty wild.

Great job on a cool cockpit.
It's FANTASTIC !!
You are a real Artist !
Congratulations for this work of art !

I wish you to have superb races in this superb Racing-Frame
nice videos,

but one thing still annoy me, it's the lag, or delay between actual movements on wheel and shifter seq/h and the sounds/images produced...
the delay on mouse/keys isn't noticeable (for me) and the delay in the videos is fairly huge compared to non-wheel equipment

and still how much time/money did u spend on this?
#39 - Vain
I notice no lag between action and sound here. Maybe your player slipped on the sound?

Vain
no sounds lag for me too

It might be a Codecs problem
hm, so u say it's a players glitch...
will test it with vlc,bsplayer,mplayerc,zoom,wmplayer
on 3 diff machines...
gimme 30 mins
ok ran the 2 vids on 3 diff machines, with some of the players listed.
and guess what, it's all the same...
GrandSurf, do you have pics from the construction phase? That framework is made of wood, right?
I like the HUUUP button the most!

Rest is awesome, too. I really need to consider getting an appartment with an extra room for racing.
Quote from deggis :GrandSurf, do you have pics from the construction phase? That framework is made of wood, right?

Yes, its Wood

http://www.smay-racing.com/images/rig_2_1.jpg

So, i made some new Updates on the Frame. Now i work on a Panel to control 6 USB Controller.

It's rFactor and for me it looks like the original version without mods...
It's just starting to be a sick, but really good rig illepall
Hello GrandSurf

Great day to race, isn't it ? (bad weather lol)

I'm still loving your lovely setup.
Could you tell me how many centimeters there are between the handwheel and the seat ?

Thank you
#50 - axus
All I have to say is "drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool"

Fantastic piece of kit

I am working on something simmilar to this with my dad but its not gonna be anywhere near that level of perfection.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG