The online racing simulator
Albany Down
(111 posts, started )
Been a long time since I updated this, god damn slacking.
3 or 4 new gigs added around London next year.

I don't know if I like this business of having a set plan 5 months in advance...
Found this (by accident- honest!) while trolling through Youtube...best vid I have seen of the lads yet

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RylCUvkCN-k

Getting better all the time Daj...just remember...CARLING ACADEMY OXFORD!!! If its good enough for Airbourne and Apocalyptica, I'm sure you guys can manage it!
Once again a whole assload of gigs added. Stuff booked right up until July!
New video added to the site or available as direct download from here. Low quality teaser up at YouTube.

Featuring our complete reworking of Duffy's "Mercy". Well worth the bandwidth.
We're in Road to V again this year.

To register as a fan, go to http://roadtov.com/artists/albany-down
The more fans we get, the more chance we have of winning the competition and being the opening act for V Festival 2009! Tell your friends
Doing a quick interview for LUSH Radio this Sunday post-watershed. Not sure what frequency they're on but you can listen online. I reckon it's going to be around 10pm for about half an hour, broken up by tracks from our awesome live CD.

Not a clue what they're going to talk to us about yet, so the whole thing could be a complete disaster, but it could be funny to watch us stumble around, unable to answer the questions
Well the first 6 songs have now been recorded and are sounding sweet. We have a few days to mull them over and work out if there's anything we want changed in the mix before they get shipped to New York for mastering. I don't think there's likely to be anything I want to change, because they sound utterly amazing. Links to some of the pics here:

Our first week was mainly spent like this (L-R: me, Billy and Paul T) while Jonny got the drums down. The rec room has a PS3, Wii, 360, 50" HDTV, Sky+, pool table, electronic dartboard, kitchen area, plus free arcade games and pinball. Almost forgot what we were there for, the amount of Guitar Hero and Smash Bros we played!

Here's a blurry picture of me actually doing some work. No idea which song it was I was singing there though.

Quick pic of the mixing desk on one of the rare occasions neither producer nor engineer was present. That chair in front is possibly the most comfortable thing I've ever sat on. I threatened to steal it, but think they might have noticed.

Most impressively of all, here's a photo taken from the rec room while the string quintet was recording their parts. They were layered 4 times so it sounds like a full orchestra. The arrangement for 2 of the songs was amazing, kudos to them all.

Not yet sure what the plans are with the songs once the mastering is done. I don't know if we'll be selling them on iTunes or something. But we might need to wait until the other 6 tracks are done too. I wish I could upload them somewhere to let people here, but I'm not allowed to
Some August dates confirmed now. The most interesting one with be the Rock at the Castle festival, which usually sees crowds of a couple of thousand people. Hopefully the weather will hold out!

Of course we're not rehearsing between now and August (holidays all round) so we've arranged an urgent rehearsal the day before to stop us being completely crap
Because I'm an absolute slacker I hadn't updated this thread for months. Disgraceful.

Not many gigs at the moment because we're working on the new songs for the next studio session. Two of them in particular are sounding f*cking AWESOME.

December 10th is the Battle of the Bands final, and we're all hoping to win because we could use the money. Not too sure exactly how much the prize is but it'd be a couple of hundred quid a piece and that's never to be sniffed at. Anyone around St Albans is welcome to come along and vote (for us, obviously)
The band name is gay.
And BlueFlame is the most heterosexual name ever.
Quote from Forbin :And both BlueFlame and Jackob Cooper are the most heterosexual names ever.

As heterosexual as Bruno.
#88 - 5haz
Quote from BlueFlame :The band name is gay.

You've become a bit of a troll lately haven't you? :rolleyes:
haha that 'Albany Groupie' is gold.
What exactly is it about the name that's so troubling (and why dig the post up after 10 days)? Albany is an area of New York (and less cool but more ironically, we have loads of fans living in St Albans), and down is...the opposite of up. That's where I like the girls to go
Originally it was rumoured to be the distress call of the 9/11 plane that crashed in the field but I can't find any evidence of that.

But hey, there is no bad publicity. Pimpage is still pimpage.
Quote from 5haz :You've become a bit of a troll lately haven't you? :rolleyes:

Understatement of the century.
#92 - 5haz
Quote from zeugnimod :Understatement of the century.

We all go through trolling phases every so often I suppose. :rolleyes:

IMO the band name is fine, more imaginative than the screamo shit we have playing live 'round here.
Manly:
That's much better. There's nothing more manly than sliding inside a giant phallus!

Except maybe this
Quote from Dajmin :That's much better. There's nothing more manly than sliding inside a giant phallus!

Except maybe this

Smurf meets Michelin man. I like it.
So the album recording is now officially finished. I recorded 8 vocal tracks (well, 7.5 really) in just 2 days, which they tell me is damn good going. I'm a machine!

Because I had to leave early I've not heard the tracks properly and the mixing is getting done over today and tomorrow. Then they'll be off to New York for mastering. Awesome.

It's an interesting mix and should have something for just about anyone. Couple of nice Beatles-y, The Who-y tracks, couple of sleazy rock numbers, couple of heartfelt ballads, a sweet slide guitar blues number and a big cheesy US stadium sing-along-a-chorus. I'm starting to get quite excited about the whole thing.

Now we've got to finish our argument about what to name the album and what the artwork should look like. We've only been at that a couple of months so far...
Quote from Dajmin :It's an interesting mix and should have something for just about anyone. Couple of nice Beatles-y, The Who-y tracks, couple of sleazy rock numbers, couple of heartfelt ballads, a sweet slide guitar blues number and a big cheesy US stadium sing-along-a-chorus.

No G-funk rap number? No rare groove 'quiet storm' funk? No Kinks/Blur -style music hall farce? I am disappoint. Seriously though good luck with it.

Quote from Dajmin :Now we've got to finish our argument about what to name the album and what the artwork should look like. We've only been at that a couple of months so far...

Yeah good luck with that too.

So why is it being mastered in New York?

Albany Down
(111 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG