The online racing simulator
The last corner
(21 posts, started )
The last corner
The last corner is allways the hardest one.

How right am I with this?
Not very. The last corner at a lot of tracks are easy.

Edit: Oh, I see. I'd say the first lap was the hardest by a long way, but the last corner can be a little bit worrying if you have damage, are being caught, and there are only seconds in it. Other than that, I just treat it as a normal lap.
I'm thinking more of the very last corner of the race.
Not the last corner on the track itself.
Depends whether you've got a 10 minute lead or only a very minor one.

Doesn't this belong in the OT forum, though?
Its hard because, if you are first of a very long race, or you are beating your pb by long, you maybe get nervous, and you make all the mistakes in the last corner, happened to me
Quote from MyBoss :I'm thinking more of the very last corner of the race.
Not the last corner on the track itself.

Bad nerves? If you've made the corner the last 132 times when practicing, one more time should be easy. Have some confidence.
Quote from chanoman315 :Its hard because, if you are first of a very long race, or you are beating your pb by long, you maybe get nervous, and you make all the mistakes in the last corner, happened to me

Happened to me to, several times. Though I feel that I'm that experienced now that it isn't that hard at all anymore.
First corner is allways worst. Then the last one comes, sadlt first corner seems to be the last corner for me lately
Quote from chanoman315 :Its hard because, if you are first of a very long race, or you are beating your pb by long, you maybe get nervous, and you make all the mistakes in the last corner, happened to me

same here
Quote from Linsen :Depends whether you've got a 10 minute lead or only a very minor one.

Luckily it's just as hard for the guy who thinks he's got a chance of passing you. I've won races before because I made slightly less of a complete mess of the last corner than the guy on my bumper did.
#12 - SamH
Quote from tristancliffe :Yeah, right!

No, it's true. It's the only reason he doesn't leave the server when I join.. he sees his chance, and takes it every time
Quote from MyBoss :The last corner is allways the hardest one.

How right am I with this?

Quote from The Very End :First corner is allways worst. Then the last one comes, sadlt first corner seems to be the last corner for me lately

Drive on the reversed track then.
So the last corner becomes the first one. Or the first corner becomes the last one.

Solved.
I'd agree with you there. I'm a complete mess on the last corner, especially if I've been in a battle for the whole race. I'm a nervous wreck by the end. I've been playing for a year and still get the jitters. When I get the wheel I'll probably have less of a problem because the mouse emphasises every little shake of your hand.

Sometimes the final straight is the problem, there have been a few times when I've had the P.I.T manouveur used on me...
P.i.t?

edit: Why the hell does the forum change my upper letters to lower letter ones?
Quote from Lotesdelere :Drive on the reversed track then.
So the last corner becomes the first one. Or the first corner becomes the last one.

Solved.

Rofl xD
Should try it!
I've lost my nervous problems in the last turn. Usually i drive as slow as hell through it. If there is someone behind me then i tend to mess them up by going slow.

T1 is my nightmare....
Feels funny to read that people are so nervous, I can't really much feel a thing nowdays, sometimes in qualifying, but it has to be four wide in a big race before my heart starts to beat. Kinda shame really. I guess you get used to everything over time. Kind of reminds me to think about reasons for mistakes people make, and are blamed for.

But I do remember the good old days when my feet and hands were shaking, and heart was beating like mad when I was leading a race. And the first win, I was a nervous brakedown.

Oh, the good old demo days and the XRT with two pipes.
Quote from Blackout :Feels funny to read that people are so nervous, I can't really much feel a thing nowdays, sometimes in qualifying, but it has to be four wide in a big race before my heart starts to beat. Kinda shame really. I guess you get used to everything over time. Kind of reminds me to think about reasons for mistakes people make, and are blamed for.

But I do remember the good old days when my feet and hands were shaking, and heart was beating like mad when I was leading a race. And the first win, I was a nervous brakedown.

Oh, the good old demo days and the XRT with two pipes.

I second that, feel the same way. Specially about the two pipes

The last corner
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG