The online racing simulator
#1 - dahle
Better AI in upcoming patch...but
will the AI cars stop bumping into me me when I am driving? I understand the cars now can do the pit in, but that's the only improvement? For me it's more important that they're not as dumb as a slice of bread, living their own lifes, bumping into me here and there as I pass them or they pass me.
Scawen said he was going to improve the AIs awareness of the player(s) for patch Y (but so far not the test patches). Whether or not he does depends on time, as the patch WILL be released this week (probably Friday or Saturday at a guess).
From what I can tell from running them on the AI server last week, they are more likely to pass, and they do so more cleanly. However they're also pretty cautious, and can get "stuck" behind a slower car in front You can see them slowing down on the straight if they do this, which is a shame. Definately an improvement though!
Agree. It`s been improved a lot! Btw, can AI still learn?
I bet that we will get a lot of small updated after the release of Y-patch Give it some time, and I belive it will be even more improved.
#5 - Woz
The times I find the AI still hit you now is when its your fault. They will even slow when behind you.

They do not alway appear to understand that they must yield if you have them on corner entry and they do they still side swipe a bit side by side in a corner.
Also they don't expect you to be slow off the line. Pull away at 50% throttle and they'll always raw into the back of you. I think a lot of people try to take the AI out of context. They're not supposed to be replacements for real drivers, and will never have the awareness for all situations. So long as, during normal racing circumstances, they can provide cleanish competition to real racers, they have served the purpose.
Quote from Bob Smith :Also they don't expect you to be slow off the line. Pull away at 50% throttle and they'll always raw into the back of you. .

don't be mean to the AI, i've done that a few times when the car in front hasnt moved and i've lost count of how many times ive backed off because the track in front was blocked by slower accelerating cars, only for a car to come flying past me and play skittles with the cars in front

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG