The online racing simulator
#1 - kinau
Analyse my driving, please :) (.raf file attached)
Hi everyone,

New to the game, new to the forum etc.

I've played this game (demo version) for a few hours, and have been attempting hotlaps on Blackwood. I say hotlaps - what I mean is I have been trying to get consistent lap times, and slowly pushing myself to do better.

So far, I have managed to get consistent 1.33's, sometimes 34's, and somehow managed to get a 1.32 once...

My question is; how 'fast' would a 1.33.xx time be considered? My guess is 'not very,' so I've attached the .raf data output from a fairly typical lap.... in the hope that you lovely people might help me analyse my driving, and let me know what I'm doing wrong, what I could improve, etc.

From looking at the replay, I can see I brake a little too early after the straight, and I go a wide in the second to last corner. Anything else? (And yes, I was swerving about on the straight - trying to switch my speakers on)

If it helps you; I'm using keyboard and mouse, manual transmission, manual clutch, manual throttle blip, and the pre-defined 'Race_S' setup with the XR GT Turbo.

Thanks
Kin
Attached files
1.33.51s.raf - 1.7 MB - 210 views
If you are new to racing sims like LFS, the XRT is a difficult car to start learning. Besides, after the upcoming patch Y, the XRT won't be available anymore for demo users. It should be easier to start with one of the other demo cars. (Try the Formula BMW, it's going to be a popular car.)

The default setups are not really suited for mouse / keyboard users. One thing is that the brake force is too high, which causes blocked wheels under braking, and missed turn-ins. Perhaps you can get a better setup in this thread. Unfortunately, the new patch may turn old, good setups into bad setups. When you get patch Y, you may get help by going to an online server, and ask someone else for a setup.
If you want to drive a rear wheel drive car use the XRG. A new patch is coming out and they are taking the XRT out of the demo. Although when the patch does come out you will be getting a niftey new single-seater. Like wsinda said, to improve your lap times search the forums for a keyboard and mouse set for the car and track you are using.

If you like this sim, then buy a wheel. Almost any wheel is better than a mouse

Analyse my driving, please :) (.raf file attached)
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG