The online racing simulator
Rosberg FB02 (FBM)
(27 posts, started )
Rosberg FB02 (FBM)
Hi guys,

I'm attempting to skin the 2002 Formula BMW Germany Champions car of Nico Rosberg (Team Rosberg). I'm working off a couple of very low res pictures so there will be some guess work unless I acquire some better pics. Anyway, I just started on the sidepod for now.
Attached images
WIP_FBM_rosberg01.jpg
Nico_Rosberg_Formel_BMW(ThKraft).jpg
bit more before bed
Attached images
WIP_FBM_rosberg01b.jpg
Coming along very nicely. Very smooth lines.
this is going to be a beautiful skin, looking forward to it's completion, being of course it end up public, anyway.

Nice work mate.
cheers guys, and yes it will be public!
decal help
So whilst i'm at work wasting valuable skinning time, could I pick your brains for some help on identifying the decals?
Great sluth sklls unseen and J.B, thanks!
  1. VIVA (viva tv)
  2. Auto Bild motorsport
  3. BOSS hugo boss
  4. AMG accessories
  5. ADAC (on the nose it is the square logo)
  6. Powerade
  7. Remus
  8. SACHS
  9. Castrol
  10. 2D - 2d-datarecording.com
  11. OZ Racing
  12. Michellin
  13. BOSS hugo boss
  14. www.adac.de/motorsport
Attached images
rosbergdecals.jpg
rosbergdecals2.jpg
3 - BOSS hugo boss - http://brandsoftheworld.com/se ... age=1&brand_id=154395

4 - looks like AMG Accessories, but can`t find an official logo.

7 - plain Remus logo - just do a google image search for remus logo and you`ll find the one on the car.

That`s about all for now, I`ll see if I can dig anything else up tomorrow.
cheers mate As far as finding the logos, I can do that. I just needed to know what to look for and you've already helped a lot, thanks!
progress
got a fair bit done tonight
Attached images
WIP_FBM_rosberg02.jpg
Meh, damn hard to find any other photos of that car. This is about all I could get.

Looking at the helmet, I`ll hazard a guess that the url on the rear wing upright is either www.teamrosberg.com, or www.nicorosberg.com

I don`t see any visible tall letters on the first half of the url, so it`s probably the nico one.

edit 1 - Looking at a few really, really bad quality thumbnail sized pics, I`m convinced that logo 13 is the same hugo boss decal that`s on the top intake.

edit 2 - After a couple of hours scouring every reference I could find relating to fbmw, f3 euroseries, rosberg, etc... logo 2 is autobild motorsport magazine :hyper:
Attached images
200272102443-TS.jpg
#11 - J.B.
A wild guess at the ww address on the rear wing would be www.adac.de/motorsport

And maybe this pic can help for the auto bild motorsport logo.

wow! you guys are awesome! I spent so damn long trying to find pics but I came up short. You've answered all my questions and more That thumbnail actually answers a question I had about the front - at first I thought there was a blue keyline, then I decided I couldn't see it on the photos so I left it out. Now I see that there is one Still a bit of guesswork needed near the windshield though (edit: actually I now see that the blue line meets in a point!). Thanks again!
Should have posted this one earlier if I knew you were struggling to work out how the lines around the windshield work. I just didn`t think it would be of any use since it`s so tiny.
Attached images
02nico1.jpg
woot! that's perfect, thanks! as you can see I have it almost right - just need to taper it more to a point Almost all the lines so far have just been following the body work so it's been quite easy for me to get it right
Looking fantastic mate, this is the first non-redbull skin I've seen you make :P

Top job =]
wow, another cracking livery from Burnz!
some missing bits added
just need racing number, web address, and do the other side of the car's decals. Anything else I'm missing?

Sorry it's taking so long, I've had little spare time lately!
Attached images
WIP_FBM_rosberg03.jpg
Looking great as usual

I think there`s an autobild logo on the very front section of the front wing too, you can just see something on rosbergdecals2.jpg in post #6

A dark logo with a white block to the left. looks like the autobild one, but it`s impossible to guarantee it. Dunno if it`s worth adding it or not.
thanks.... but I can't see anything on the front wing besides the VIVA on the winglets. All I see is yellow and shadows :\
One less thing to worry about then
you live up to your name!
#22 - J.B.
Looking fine. Any idea when it will be finished?
maybe i'll finish it this weekend
#24 - J.B.
Can't wait.
Great job on the accuracy and details. I've always liked real car skins. I used to race quite a bit with Nascar Racing 2003, and enjoyed downloading entire seasons of real cars.

Thanks
and hope you do more.

David

Rosberg FB02 (FBM)
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG