The online racing simulator
Another 'ISP Suggestion' topic
(3 posts, started )
I'm in the market for a new ISP, as I'm moving house very shortly (some stuff this week, some more next week... But could be some months before it all filters through from parents to new house... I hope to be in just before (or just after) Christmas.

I have a BT phone line.
In the Norwich, Norfolk area
I consider myself a medium downloader, but would like the option of unlimited as I do tend to download stuff (demos, legal torrents (and occasional less-legal one, but it's few and far between, and probably zero if it's in my own name ), music (again legally) etc.
I manage a website, which sometimes requires a fair amount of unloading (does that use up quotas?)
I would like a high rate, but low latency is more important.
It must be quite cheap (but am willing to pay small premiums to avoid crap).

The usual I suppose (no one goes looking for slow, crap, expensive ISPs do they? )

I hear so many 'moans' about ISPs changing their ways, or relying on other companies to provide the actual service, and I would quite like to avoid that. And I happen to know several people on this forum are from "round 'ere", so their advice would be invaluable.

Oh, and I have my own router, so don't want to be restricted to some crappy ISP modem thingy.

Thanks in advance.
#2 - ajp71
My advice is steer well clear of BT if you have any doubts about your line quality, I know some people here (Jakg's one) are happy with them I unfortunately can tell you that there customer service is awful and they send a lot of 'engineers' out who stand around for half an hour then say there's nothing wrong/they've just fixed it.
#3 - Bean0
I still recommend an Entanet reseller, I'm with UKFSN.

£20/month for 300GB off peak and 30GB on peak, uploading included. More bandwidth for more money, but that package does me nicely. Up-to-8meg line, I see about 600kb/sec down and 40kb/sec up.

Can't fault them for gaming, had one outage but that was due to a major cable going down somewhere, and it's a 30 day contract so easy enough to bugger off should the sevice go downwhill.

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG