The online racing simulator
Pit Crews
(16 posts, started )
Pit Crews
Hi

When I go into the pits on any track, sometimes you miss your pit box, so you move on to the next box. How about animated pit crews, changing tyres, actual fuel pump going in. Changing the front nose cone etc. Or other AI drivers pitting. How about pit walls with team members on? Or Team radio?

Jon
I believe its not possible at this point. Maybe cause of DirectX8, actually dont know... but i sure can bet that this feature will rob FPS like hell.
But from gameplay side, it would be cool - i thought several times about this feature myself
I think it is a good idea, but what if you were to stop and the fule pump went ect.... What if someone went into the back of you at 100MPH what would happen to the pit crew.
It`s been suggested before, you`ll find it if you search
When that is said, -1 I don`t like the idea.
Quote from Snake2 :I think it is a good idea, but what if you were to stop and the fule pump went ect.... What if someone went into the back of you at 100MPH what would happen to the pit crew.

The pit crew should act like the cones when they are hit at 100mph lol
+1, but that is never going to happen.
I thinkt this wouldnt work in multiplayer.Of course,someone would just go and drive over pit crew and etc. then he/she would come ane complain about how unrealistic that is and say something like this.''Its so unrealistic so i dont play anymore.this should be simulator''
#9 - ajp71
Just an eye candy thing that I can live without, the problem is that if you have badly animated pit crew it just looks crap. In N2003 the pit crew did there thing changed the tires you asked for and put the fuel in with a pre-made animation, then if there was damage to be fixed they just frooze until the end of the pit stop.
Quote from ferraif40 :...

Let me guess - you initially opted for "mclaenf1" but it was taken?

I have a feeling that pitcrews and generally updated pits (assigned pitboxes for starters) are things that have been suggested before multiple times.
I just put marshalls in the garage, to avoid penalty times, press W to minimize the size of the restricted area.
If LFS is ever going to contain pit crews, I bet one night if incredible sex with an amazon woman that it will simulate the grip of their shoe-soles.
Quote from speed1230 :I just put marshalls in the garage, to avoid penalty times, press W to minimize the with of the restricted area.

Suppose thats one way to make lfs slightly more realistic
My pit crew:

Attached images
lfs_00000043.jpg
Quote from JO53PHS :My pit crew:

Cool pit crews!

I wish they were animated though but we got to wait for the S3 to come out, maybe LFS might have animated pit crews with tyres, fuel pumps, jacks and other things that pit crews have.
why not have a particular pitbox for each car. so you can't just stop somewhere on any yellow square but you have to go to the "right" pitbox.

but pitting in lfs is still secondary. the tires last way too long, the cars have much too less fuel consumption.

Pit Crews
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG