The online racing simulator
BF1 driving tips?
(8 posts, started )
BF1 driving tips?
Ive recently been trying out the BF1 on the Aston Grand Prix circut. Its quite a handful but I am having loads of fun with it.

Trouble is that I am still very slow. I think I could probably use a better setup but anyways. I watched the WR and they are sliding the car through all the bends. Is that not a bit crazy for a formula 1 car? I thought it was better to have a smoother driving style? Does anybody have a replay of a fast(ish) lap that still keeps it fairly smooth I could look at?

My other question is about how to slow the car down the fastest. I know that I should be avoiding lockup so I stop faster and don't get flatspots. My current way of slowing the BF1 is to start hard on the brakes (lots of downforce at speed) and lift off as the car slows down. I am still locking the wheels at very slow speeds though even with the brakes barely on. Am I better to let the car slow down through engine braking in first?

Any help would be appreciated.
First off all, you need to know if you want to be quick for one single lap or for the length of a race, as these two differ. Actually, being quick in a 10 lap race is different to being quick on a 50 lap race.
I can't give you a replay though, as I rarely drive the BF1, and I am neither very quick nor very smotth tbh.

Concerning the slow down: try hampering with your brake settings a bit, like lowering the braking force and adjusting the brake balance. Generally speaking though you are faster when you brake earlier but more controlled, as you can still hold your line than skidding through corners. it's also easier on the tires.
LOTA recently did a 21 lap race on this combo and here's my set from it. You can also find a replay of me doing a pretty decent lap (half a second off the WR) on the hotlap charts (or here: http://www.lfsworld.net/get_spr.php?file=64527).

NOTE: This is an X10 set. It will require some changes for X30/31, such as renaming the file and changing the tires to R3's (and probably some tire pressure tweaks too).
Attached files
BMW SAUBER_AS5-Forbin2.set - 132 B - 365 views
#4 - JET46
What you can do to help your braking is if you are getting too much lock up in one corner in peticular use the live settings and adjust the brake bias, also what i do is go as quickly down the gears as you can, but in the test patch where you can't turn off the throttle blip in the BF1 the downshifts are a bit slower.

Here is a link to the replay of the OWRL F1 race that at Aston GP unfortunatly there is no quali replay http://www.owrl.de/download.php?list.27
#5 - ste_
My only tip is wear brown pants.
Lool
Quote from JET46 :What you can do to help your braking is if you are getting too much lock up in one corner in peticular use the live settings and adjust the brake bias, also what i do is go as quickly down the gears as you can, but in the test patch where you can't turn off the throttle blip in the BF1 the downshifts are a bit slower.

Here is a link to the replay of the OWRL F1 race that at Aston GP unfortunatly there is no quali replay http://www.owrl.de/download.php?list.27

That was a good one.
Cheers for the help guys. I haven't looked at the replay yet cause I haven't had any spare time at all!

Ill have a look at that setup and have a play with the live settings then.

BF1 driving tips?
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG