The online racing simulator
VGA Adapter?
(6 posts, started )
VGA Adapter?
The reason I ask...

The other day, I was looking at the back of my old Sky box in my room. I noticed it had a VGA connector on it, like in the back on Monitors and GFX Cards.

I had a look on the back of my Sky+ box tonight (yes, at 3:40am >.>) and I noticed that has one too. I will try plugging my Sky+ box into my monitor tomorrow to see if it can work.

But what I am hopeing for (if it works) is to set my Sky+ up through the "Second monitor" option.

Is this possible?

Also, I am guessing there isn't a 2-into-1 option for VGA slots. So I could have both my PC and Sky+ (giving it works) plugged in at the same time?

Meh, I will find out tomorrow if it works. But I will check this thread in case someone says "Dooooon't Doooooo Iiiiiiiiit!!1!evelen"

Edit: Great. I decided I couldn't wait 'till tomorrow and started ripping stuff out and moving things around. After all that, the one in the back of my sky box is slightly smaller. The new question is...Can I get an adapter to fit from the small one, to the VGA slot?
After close inspection, I need a "RS-232" to VGA adapter.

Edit#1: Would it work? Is the RS-232 slot used for display purposes or is it for something totally different.

Edit#2: I can buy a RS232 to USB adapter then a USB to VGA. But would that just feck everything up, making it not work, a big explosion and me covered in soot?
Quote from The General Lee :After close inspection, I need a "RS-232" to VGA adapter.

You cannot transmit an analog signal through RS-232. It may be the DE-9 connector, but it isn't necessarily RS-232.
that RS-232 port would be for either programming the cable box, or upgrading the firmware. it is not for video, nor would it ever have the bandwidth to do video.
Arse.

VGA Adapter?
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG