The online racing simulator
Resoloution problems
(6 posts, started )
Resoloution problems
Well with my screen im using on my new pc, it goes up to a resoloution of 1600x1024 (if i want anything high than 60Refresh) still maxes at 75 thoe.

But my problem is: I want to run games at 1600x1024, but this resoultion is just to much for me to get used to within windows everything is so small, but if i run it like this it meens whenever i go into a game i will have to resize the screen with in its controls due to it not having a auto adjust.

Anything i can do about this?
Cheers,
Jim.
Quote from jimaxx :if i run it like this it meens whenever i go into a game i will have to resize the screen with in its controls due to it not having a auto adjust.

Anything i can do about this?

Not really. If your monitor doesn't have an auto adjust feature, you really can't get away with anything other than aligning it yourself. I'm surprised that it doesn't have that feature though. Sounds like a high enough resolution that the monitor would be modern enough to have that feature. Either way, you're kind of stuck. It's an LCD right?
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Not really. If your monitor doesn't have an auto adjust feature, you really can't get away with anything other than aligning it yourself. I'm surprised that it doesn't have that feature though. Sounds like a high enough resolution that the monitor would be modern enough to have that feature. Either way, you're kind of stuck. It's an LCD right?

CRT >.< Got it free from a friend as my mum wants to use MY tft
Cant argue with the person whos buying the new pc for me realy
Lol, true. Actually, then there is something you CAN do. You've probably noticed that when you change the refresh rate, the image moves drastically and you have to manually adjust the image again. You could fool with the refresh rates for the two resolutions. I'm sure you can find two that will minimize how much the screen moves when you change it. Common sense really, and you've probably already done that.

Short of that, though, you're out of luck my friend
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Lol, true. Actually, then there is something you CAN do. You've probably noticed that when you change the refresh rate, the image moves drastically and you have to manually adjust the image again. You could fool with the refresh rates for the two resolutions. I'm sure you can find two that will minimize how much the screen moves when you change it. Common sense really, and you've probably already done that.

Short of that, though, you're out of luck my friend

Well i didnt realise that, but if im right in thinking CRT's can give eye strain at low refresh rates? but ill give it a try.

Cheers anyway
Yes they can. That's the problem when you switch to the higher resolution. The monitor has to up the refresh rate or it flickers. But maybe you can use a higher refresh rate on the lower resolution to compensate.

Resoloution problems
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG