The online racing simulator
G25 problems
(14 posts, started )
G25 problems
"Product: Logitech Gaming Software 5.01 -- A legacy version of Logitech Gaming Software has been found on the system, please uninstall it using the Add/Remove Programs application and restart the installation."

Is the message I get when trying to install the latest software.

I uninstalled the previous version, and all I get is the above message, any ideas?
#2 - Bean0
You could use ccleaner to remove old registry entries that it's left behind, I run it every so often and it's not broken anything yet
Tried that, no dice
-
([UKR] Race King) DELETED by [UKR] Race King
Try Clear Calibration tool http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htm

Logitech drivers have a knack of lurking around the bowls of your system even when you're sure you've uninstalled them.

Edit: Actually, having thought about it, that ain't gonna do a thing. Ignore me, once again i'm talking complete bollocks !
#5 - kompa
you could run regedit.exe and manually search for anything with "logitech" in it and delete those..as a last resort
Already done that, had to go back to the 5.00 version of the gaming software because whatever I do, I can't install 5.01
#7 - CSU1
Quote from danowat :"Product: Logitech Gaming Software 5.01 -- A legacy version of Logitech Gaming Software has been found on the system, please uninstall it using the Add/Remove Programs application and restart the installation."

weird error msg

iIf it where me id take the word 'legacy' from it and go see if 'legacy Emulation' is enabled in your bios....longshot?

On the other hand, if you have a usb hub in my experience it's faster to manualy remove the hub in hardware manager and when msg 'found new hardware usb hub' appears, choose 'no, i'll select a driver' and there should be only one choice of driver in the list.

High-speed usb port should also be used(in my case my laptop has one high-speed port, and two (presumably 'low-speed') ports.

#8 - P1lot
I had a similar problem with the latest driver just after getting my G25. I reverted back to the previous 5.0 driver, but that happened without a hitch. Sorry don't know what to advise apart from things worked OK when I reverted back.

Try installing the lastest version and then uninstalling again, in case something was missed?
Try this. Don't know if it will work / help. Not sure where this was originally posted.

(1) Uninstall the whole package (profiler and everything) and reboot your machine.
(2) delete everything in C:/ProgramFiles/CommonFiles/Logitech
(3) Clean out your Temp folder and go into C:/Windows/System32/Drivers folder and delete anything in there that has anything to do with Logitech (logitech drivers usually begin with Wm.-just hover with your mouse and it will say Logitech or not.)
(4) In the same folder, delete the five or six Windows drivers that begin with "hid." You should watch after you delete them, though, to make sure that they re-appear. Be SURE they re-appear!!!!!!!! If they do not, go into the recycle bin and restore them. Reboot your machine.
(5) Now, re-install whatever driver package it is you decide you want to. Your wheel should work.
#10 - CSU1
...Whats up Dan, did you get this sorted yet?....
Nope, gonna have to wait till I can afford a new PC
Umm, uninstall the thing, then reboot, and install the new one? I got this once, and it went away after I did something.. dont remember what.
CCleaner according to the guy who writes Tweakguides shouldn't be used for uninformed registry cleaning; he strongly advises against that, preferring regcleaner for *that* particular job.

Unfortunately, RegCleaner doesn't work with dual cores. There's a possible solution but involves system file tampering.

There's a free one called easycleaner (toniarts), which my research suggests is relatively safe on the registry when you don't know what you're doing. It's got good reviews from 2 sober sources. But don't use it's other delete duplicate file function unless you know what you're doing.

Been looking into this myself recently so..

G25 problems
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG