The online racing simulator
Scavier vs ISI - BMW Sauber F1
(34 posts, started )
I found by casuality this article that maybe you have read before, but it was new for me and I would like to share with you

http://autosimsport.net/issues/autosimsport_v2i9.zip

As the title of the thread says, it´s about the BMW Sauber F1 in both sims, LFS and rFactor. I have searched something similar in the forum without success.
I read that a while back. Shame the comparison was done with someone who was obviously a rF fan rather than someone neutral. I still can't believe (if this is the one I think it is) they complained that making a Formula 1 car 'hard to drive' was a negative point.

The good news is that a few of the issues they complained about the LFS one have now been updated or changed.
Quote from Dajmin :I read that a while back. Shame the comparison was done with someone who was obviously a rF fan rather than someone neutral. I still can't believe (if this is the one I think it is) they complained that making a Formula 1 car 'hard to drive' was a negative point.

Yup.
A good comparison would have been if they compared the cars to real telemetry. As it is now, it dosen't prove which of them is the most realistic.
What a comparison, how fast it goes, G-forces, fuel capacity, how many buttons you can push in setup all rounded up by "what our imagination thinks". :banghead:

This would be interesting if...hmmm...I don't know, maybe someone who drives the F1 car would write it?
#5 - ajp71
Quote from Dajmin :I read that a while back. Shame the comparison was done with someone who was obviously a rF fan rather than someone neutral. I still can't believe (if this is the one I think it is) they complained that making a Formula 1 car 'hard to drive' was a negative point.

Personally I found the rF car impossible to drive on the limit and if a real F1 car behaved anything like it then you'd have 22 cars flying off the track when they get to the first corner
Personally I think the rFactor car is far better than the BF1 in LFS.

Looks better, sounds better, drives better (though the suspension feels washy sometimes). LFS BF1 just sucks, admit it.
I agree... the total graphics are just much better in rFactor. (very different then LFS)

Quote from Tweaker :Personally I think the rFactor car is far better than the BF1 in LFS.

Looks better, sounds better, drives better (though the suspension feels washy sometimes). LFS BF1 just sucks, admit it.

the BF1 just needs to be set up properly. i found it impossible to drive at first, but after some tweaking it can be tossed around with ease.
ok, the rfactor F1 have's better sounds, graphics... so what
LFS's F1 is a lot better in driving sensation i think, as ajp71 said before, not just the f1, but all the cars in rFactor are pretty impossible to drive on the limit, wich doesnt feel quite good, nor real. A bit drift means death in that game
I agree with tweak. LFS's BF1 is rubbish. rFactors feels better most the time, but it definetely looks and sounds better. The BF1 sounded great in patch U, but ever since V, it sounds rubbish and not as realistic as it did.

Although, i also agree rFactors (standard) cars are rubbish on the limit when LFS's are pure fun (apart from the Bf1 :/)
Quote from Patussay : all the cars in rFactor are pretty impossible to drive on the limit, wich doesnt feel quite good, nor real. A bit drift means death in that game

lol, that's not true at all.
This article was posted a long time ago, at the time I think everyone agreed that they deserve their name...ASS.
Quote from Patussay :ok, the rfactor F1 have's better sounds, graphics... so what
LFS's F1 is a lot better in driving sensation i think, as ajp71 said before, not just the f1, but all the cars in rFactor are pretty impossible to drive on the limit, wich doesnt feel quite good, nor real. A bit drift means death in that game

What are you guys talking about!!!?!?!

rFactor has to be the easiest game to drive on the limit with... hell even the most 'dangerous' cars in the game are pretty easy to drive fast in. As a matter of fact, both rFactor and LFS are pretty equal in terms of pushing it really hard on the limit, and keeping the car in control. They just feel remarkably different with the way they grip and lose grip... but general cornering to get a fast time is not a problem.

For those of you to say rFactor is hard or .... ehem... "impossible" to drive on the limit, I don't think you have ANY idea what you are doing. The BF1 in rFactor needs a good setup to drive properly (or else it suffers from highspeed oversteer (downforce issue, DUH!!!)), and it is great once you know that feeling. Otherwise you guys sound like you have put NO effort into even playing rFactor at its fullest potential... and just debunk it has having problems.

One thing is for sure, nearly all my friends approve of LFS's raw and challenging physics... they are amazed by them. It's the only reason I choose to stay around here. But they'd switch over to play rFactor no matter what, simply because they can stay on the track longer. This, and again... rFactor looks and sounds better. LFS is beginning to have a lot of shortcomings with these really bland sounds and graphics... the detail is just SO LOW, and tracks are SO BORING.
Last time this was posted everyone pretty much accepted that the article prefered R-Factors version because it was easier to drive, sounded better and looked better. LFS doesn't have all the graphics and sounds because it is doing something R-Factor never did, making sure the game works before chucking glitter all over it and selling it as a 'finished' product.

R-Factor for me is like that Vauxhall Corsa you see on the front cover of Redline magazine, £10,000 worth of parts, fancy bodykit and sound system, chrome spinners...but a 1.2litre diesel engine. LFS is the stripped out, race tuned one that you see lapping Porsches at club level motorsport. (GTR is the Porsche)

In general people accept that LFS won't fair well in mainstream reviews, because they focus on the finished product and the all round package. So lets wheel this comment out of the garage and give it a wash and wax, LFS is not a finished product.
One day i will have to have a real hard play with Rfactor , alot of guys say its a good thing so i guess they all cant be wrong?

But so far you seem to have to know alot of arcane ini settings to get the best out of it,take quite some time getting used to the FF ( am i the only one that finds the wheel just shudders constantly if you have the FF dialed up high?)and as yet i havent had alot of luck getting online to have a race.

I have tried the Real Feel patch but it still fills really odd , maybe i have lousy sets but its either heaps of washed out front end push or snap i,m now backwards oversteer.

Some of the mods are really sweet though the V8 Supercabs is a really nice mod the sound is awesome and its nice to look at.

Menus are lousy though, they could take a page from LFS on that one.

I dont want to run down Rfactor or say LFS is better, its just my thoughts on it .As i said all the guys that like it cant be wrong..
#16 - Gizz
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Last time this was posted everyone pretty much accepted that the article prefered R-Factors version because it was easier to drive, sounded better and looked better. LFS doesn't have all the graphics and sounds because it is doing something R-Factor never did, making sure the game works before chucking glitter all over it and selling it as a 'finished' product.

R-Factor for me is like that Vauxhall Corsa you see on the front cover of Redline magazine, £10,000 worth of parts, fancy bodykit and sound system, chrome spinners...but a 1.2litre diesel engine. LFS is the stripped out, race tuned one that you see lapping Porsches at club level motorsport. (GTR is the Porsche)

In general people accept that LFS won't fair well in mainstream reviews, because they focus on the finished product and the all round package. So lets wheel this comment out of the garage and give it a wash and wax, LFS is not a finished product.

couldnt have put it better my self.. perfect post
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :So lets wheel this comment out of the garage and give it a wash and wax, LFS is not a finished product.

Yet time and time again, when you can so easily pass this comment to try and stop an argument in its tracks, it fails to recognize the fact that the word "finished" is such an overstatement with how current development is progressing, and if you look at the overall value of truly 'waiting' until it is 'finished'. LFS will always be a 'package' you have to look at. S2 Final seems to be nearing more and more, and what else are we getting that is new besides the usual grooming of this old cat?

Have we had any new track environments in the past 3 years? No. Have the cars been given more external detail, so they don't look like matchbox cars? No. Has Scawen been doing a good job keeping this simulation alive? Yes, indeed. Other than that, the only hope for this game to not drag on and on with the same old stuff is to make it look better... and give us some new tracks. Then you get the usual "oh that is what S3 is for" crap. Gimme a break, I'll probably have a family to take care of by then. Quite a long outlook.

What does this have to do with the BF1? Everything. The BF1 looks rushed, hasn't been touched since, looks terrible, and can be improved in so many ways, including the physics. Furthermore, if you put it versus rFactor, you can see the obvious differences that LFS falls short with... no matter how many times you can say what is finished or unfinished, it stills says a lot about efforts. And to be so ignorant and think LFS looks fine already as it is, you should really explore around more.

How impressive do you think S2 is really going to be? How full of shit are you?
(not directed at you, but a serious note)

EDIT: I am sure all of us here get a good LFS fix every now and then, I do too. It's just that there are certain things which are getting older and older... Imagine from an outsider's perspective: It's like a senile old man saying his work-in-progress wood carving is superior to anything else out there. Keep carving old man!!!
Quote from Patussay :ok, the rfactor F1 have's better sounds, graphics... so what

I wouldn't give rF anything in the sounds or graphics department.

Personally I think they both sound rubbish. LFS's attempt sounds pathetic but at least it gives you some feedback and rF's doesn't sound like the real thing or give you much of an idea what the engines doing. I'd say it's a double epic fail in that department.

The LFS model is under detailed but it doesn't really bother me too much, the rF car is more detailed but has weird shaders that make it look all artificial, as do all the default ISI tracks and cars. LFS isn't cutting edge but it doesn't ruin the fun, the default rF cars look awful though IMO.

Quote from Tweaker :
For those of you to say rFactor is hard or .... ehem... "impossible" to drive on the limit, I don't think you have ANY idea what you are doing. The BF1 in rFactor needs a good setup to drive properly (or else it suffers from highspeed oversteer (downforce issue, DUH!!!)), and it is great once you know that feeling. Otherwise you guys sound like you have put NO effort into even playing rFactor at its fullest potential... and just debunk it has having problems.

I never bothered to go as far as the setup screen, firstly one would assume the default sets should be at least drivable, surely they must have made better sets in testing so why did they put that as the default? LFS's sets are crap but people were racing with Race_S (I know I was) for weeks after the BF1 came out without flying off the track backwards without explanation. Something is very wrong with the Saubers tires or suspension because even when I tried it with real feel there was just no feedback or chance to catch it when it started oversteering, like there is in the better rF mods or LFS. If you want to see a reasonable (but still majorly flawed) attempt at a big single seater in rF try the Champ Car mod.

I usually come to rF's defense when these kinds of threads start but I really can't see the argument for how you can like this car, the worst part of ISI's content, which is all pretty rubbish, Lienz being the only part of it I like or ever use.
I agree with tweaker here on some points..
I'm really looking forward for the new cockpits but the fact is, they should have been done a long time ago. Almost 3 years have passed since S2 alpha, hell, the cockpits are like this since 2002... Not to mention that all cars needs some better external look.. I just can't figure it out why is that such a big deal and why is it taking so long for the cockpits.. It seems, and i'm sorry to say this, that Eric is not so seriously involved in LFS as Scawen and Victor are.. I can't understand why is it so hard to take a 3D model of the car and add some more polygons, some more details, i'm not asking for Gran Turismo quality, just a bit more details.. And now we again don't have the cockpits and don't know how long it will take to get them, i'm afraid that is again a couple of months.. Not to mention some new track, that is sci-fi i'm afraid... Not critisizing, just wenting off a little..
#20 - Ospi
I personally prefer the RF Sauber F1 to the LFS one, feels better to me.
What about adding those little annoying things that greatly lack to LFS? Say, bolts on the wheels?

"How hard can it be?"
-
(e2mustang) DELETED by e2mustang
how can u guys compare rfactor and lfs? its 2 very different games.there is no question lfs is the best out there.rfactor is i dont know its crap,there is no real physics in it,i mean in lfs u feel the car thru the tires(i hope some understands) bah nvm...
and yes i played rfactor for a while..
Quote from boosterfire :What about adding those little annoying things that greatly lack to LFS? Say, bolts on the wheels?

"How hard can it be?"

LMAO Booster!!! Yes, the bolts suggestion couldn't get any better at this point
Apples and :bananadea really

Be nice to have Rfactors shine with LFS's polish.

Still i dream of the bastard child of GTL and LFS, a dream that will be cry in silence..
Quote from Tweaker :What are you guys talking about!!!?!?!

rFactor has to be the easiest game to drive on the limit with... hell even the most 'dangerous' cars in the game are pretty easy to drive fast in. As a matter of fact, both rFactor and LFS are pretty equal in terms of pushing it really hard on the limit, and keeping the car in control. They just feel remarkably different with the way they grip and lose grip... but general cornering to get a fast time is not a problem.

One thing is for sure, nearly all my friends approve of LFS's raw and challenging physics... they are amazed by them. It's the only reason I choose to stay around here. But they'd switch over to play rFactor no matter what, simply because they can stay on the track longer. This, and again... rFactor looks and sounds better. LFS is beginning to have a lot of shortcomings with these really bland sounds and graphics... the detail is just SO LOW, and tracks are SO BORING.

i agree with you there..

the mojority of lfs players are biased against rfactor. they have only given it a try once or twice, and because it feels so different to lfs they say its rubbish. im sorry but its just not.

and if you think cars on rfactor are easy to drive on the limit, join some leagues and see how easy it is to be on pole, i bet you are not because there are soem seriously fast people on rfactor, who really take the limit and extend it.

rfactor and lfs are both great games, its just a shame how lfs players bash rfactor, and rfactor players bash lfs.

its the same way either way, neither party will agree to play both games to there real potential.

Quote from e2mustang :how can u guys compare rfactor and lfs? its 2 very different games.there is no question lfs is the best out there.rfactor is i dont know its crap,there is no real physics in it,i mean in lfs u feel the car thru the tires(i hope some understands) bah nvm...
and yes i played rfactor for a while..

everyone says this but really, 4 wheel drifting does not happen. people complain about holding drifts etc, go get in a car now and go and hold a drift. when you get side ways if you can correct tit you will correct it, but it will be back in line if you do if you dont, you get speared off.

lfs is no better becuase they are 2 dfferent games altogether, made in a different way both with flaws of their own.

what a stupid, thread, people taslk as if they are michael schumacher and no eevrtythin in here, i dont get it.

2 different games, both totally different!

oh yer try saving an f1 car when you lose all the downforce!

(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG