The online racing simulator
DirectX 0.0
(7 posts, started )
DirectX 0.0
So well,

I had problems with DX9 ever since I reinstalled Windows Xp on this computer. I was told there was a few tips to get rid of it and roll back to DX8.1, but I couldn't find any good solution. One of those tips was to delete the DirectX folder in the Registry, which I did. My computer starts normally, seems to work okay. Problem is that when running DX Diag, it says my computer has DirectX 0.0? I looked at the installed files, and there are DX8.1 anD DX9 files there. Is there a way of removing COMPLETELY DX9? I tried to use a uninstaller, but it required a Windows CD, which I don't have since I use Windows XP Coccinelle a free (modded) version of Windows XP. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you!

Edit: Screenshot attached
AFAIK you can't remove DX9. Why did you want to remove it, what was the problem with it?

The most effective way to get rid of it is erase your hard drive, and reinstall Windows. But what you're doing now, deleting files and registry entries, is only going to make things worse.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :AFAIK you can't remove DX9. Why did you want to remove it, what was the problem with it?

The most effective way to get rid of it is erase your hard drive, and reinstall Windows. But what you're doing now, deleting files and registry entries, is only going to make things worse.

Oh well... Looks like I'm gonna reinstall it when I'm done with school (In two weeks...)...

I did made thigns worse, now I can't open half the things in XP... Mad me...
Uhmm...yeah that was a bit of a dumb move. I say just upgrade to Direct X 9c, I can't think of any bugs it has, or any real reason not to have it. It seems pretty standard for XP...
~Bryan~
Quote from dropin_biking :Uhmm...yeah that was a bit of a dumb move. I say just upgrade to Direct X 9c, I can't think of any bugs it has, or any real reason not to have it. It seems pretty standard for XP...
~Bryan~

Got XX missing DLLs now, oh well I'm downloading DX9c at the moment, I hope it helps it...

Edit: I recovered my DLLs (Don't know how though...) but even after installing DX9c, there seems to be a conflict with an older version or something, because I still get the DirectX 0.0 in dxdiag, nor I can use all my applications normally...

Still seeking help to get only one DirectX on my computer :s
#6 - ajp71
With the amount you've messed it up I'd suggest re-installing Windows and Dx 9c, you won't get better performance running in Dx8 mode with Dx8 installed, in fact issues are more likely to have been resolved in the later version.
I'm afraid to say it, but I think a fresh installation of XP might be your only way to go, although a system recovery from a disc may do the trick too. But I'll tell you now, I'd back up what you can, and start off with a fresh XP installation.
~Bryan~

DirectX 0.0
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG