The online racing simulator
RAC Setups?
(9 posts, started )
RAC Setups?
I'm getting back into LFS and gave the suspension analysers a go but I don't see one for the RAC. I really like this car and want to tune it so it's stable because right now it's all over the road :-) Does anyone know of any setup programs that will work with the RAC?
#2 - kaynd
Try Bob's VHPA

I think that it is not working with the test patch X30 (upcoming patch Y) set files, but the mane difference is the filename and allso some car specs so you could find a way round if you want
-
(Mazz4200) DELETED by Mazz4200
Sorry for the bump, but does anyone have any Patch Y compatible RAC setups? I'd like to use this car in CTRA, but so far I haven't found any good setups. Main priority is stability, not über-super-fast alien setups.

Thanks!
One way I got setups was that I downloaded the old ones and renamed them so that they would work in Patch Y. Also had to tweak the differential settings because they were probably made before the addition of preload.
The RAC is probably going to be my favorite car for a while because it feels very rewarding to get it to handle right. I think the RAC is too low in the first place so I upped the ride height to 100 and set the tire pressures to 190 kpa. I didn't fiddle with the suspension settings because I was afraid that I would make the set worse (I have no idea how to set the suspension up. The same goes with the gears.). The set I use now is just a modification to the Race_S set. It doesn't feel as twitchy but the power still makes it want to drift around corners alot.

If I really knew what I was doing, then I would go all out to make the set better but I don't have much of a clue so I went by feel. I use the modded race_s set for pretty much everything, including drifting (I tend to drift with WR sets because they felt more controlled) so my advice might come to a roadblock somewhere.
I got one today from Taper (who in turn got it from Pallu from what I gathered). Thanks again! I hope it's OK that I share here too, because it's definitely the best set I've found so far. I think I'll stick with this one!

Here it is.
Hello Attached is a RAC set I was using at Aston North Rev. I managed a 1:13.91 (wr at the time was 1:14.560 ). I'm sure people who - unlike me - can actually drive can take a fair chunk of time off that.

For longer races decrease camber, adjust pressures and if it oversteers add +0.1 rear toe.
Attached files
RAC_as7r-nai.set - 132 B - 904 views
#7 - HVS5b
Quote from Gnomie :Sorry for the bump, but does anyone have any Patch Y compatible RAC setups? I'd like to use this car in CTRA, but so far I haven't found any good setups. Main priority is stability, not über-super-fast alien setups.

Thanks!

There was a group of MHR sets released by Csimpok, one of which was an RAC set. I've been using this as a base then tweaking it for the different tracks. It's a fast and stable set, worth trying to find it

Ah, it's ok, here it is http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=37043
Quote from HVS5b :There was a group of MHR sets released by Csimpok, one of which was an RAC set. I've been using this as a base then tweaking it for the different tracks. It's a fast and stable set, worth trying to find it

Ah, it's ok, here it is http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=37043

Nice, thank you!
#9 - HVS5b
Hello

Any kind people out there willing to share a good SO1 set for the RA?

Atm I have two. One is slow and stable, one is fast and unstable.....typical

Ta

RAC Setups?
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG