The online racing simulator
FBM Setups
(34 posts, started )
FBM Setups
Has anyone made any FBM setups yet ?
Well as people must be coming aware the default setup is, what a surprise, rather lacking. I've certainly not mastered it yet but this one understeers far less and has more appropriate downforce for most tracks in LFS.
Attached files
FBM_Bob Test.set - 132 B - 2086 views
Ok....Thanks i will give it ago around black wood .

Tell ya whats it like .
Funny thing is... I know what it's like.

Although I've yet to drive the car at Blackwood.
I tried making one, it went from being an understeering, but controllable car, to an oversteering, uncontrollable car

/me goes back to working on setups

DK
Well, After 2 laps i had allready knocked of 2 seconds from the given setup so its doing something good. I find it easy to control also.
Slightly modified for Blackwood, I've got into the 1:15s so far.
Attached files
FBM_BL GP.set - 132 B - 2373 views
Orite thanks
1:13.82 @ BLGP so far... tires good for 4-5 laps or so.

Uses 5/5 wing. Started with a higher rear wing, but it gave too much understeer. Could maybe lower rear wing even more, but this is a safe downforce balance atm.
Attached files
FBM_twk bl race.set - 132 B - 2532 views
Here is a setup me and ATC Dadge worked on today, its not the fastest but it is quite stable and consistent. Its pretty good on tyres too.

Its for the South City Chicane Route track, normal config not reversed.

My best time is 1:07.33.
Attached files
FBM_South City CQ2.set - 132 B - 1633 views
I don't know whats going on but I can't get the setups to show up in the game. Do any changes need to be made to the file name?
There is a new folder, setups (old folder was settings).

Renaming is only needed for setups made before this test patch/update.
Quote from BigTime :I don't know whats going on but I can't get the setups to show up in the game. Do any changes need to be made to the file name?

use that it will rename your sets and switch em in the new folder! You will need to browse your lfs folder,check the little box at the bottom left,and click fix

http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=43880&d=1197327054
LOL, thanks for the help guys. Working like a charm!
Quote from Tweaker :1:13.82 @ BLGP so far... tires good for 4-5 laps or so.

Uses 5/5 wing. Started with a higher rear wing, but it gave too much understeer. Could maybe lower rear wing even more, but this is a safe downforce balance atm.

I was getting good times with the set as is, going to mess around with it but it's really good as is. 1:14.09 best so far.
++++sorry, found it.
#19 - Dru
Quote from BenjiMC :Bunch of sets i made for various tracks i've been on.

Nice sets mate - very stable and good for close clean racing
Quote from Dru :Nice sets mate - very stable and good for close clean racing

Happy to be of service to ya
#21 - Dru
Quote from BenjiMC :Happy to be of service to ya

I just need to iron out that mid corner understeer that i'm prone to doing.... lol
Fiddle with the preload.
Here is a BL setup I made.
I wanted to stay with as less DF as possible (4/5), and still keep it easy. My main focus was to maintain an easy turn in with not much steering movement (i am using 450deg for the Formula cars) and also minimize that mid corner under steer when you gently apply throttle.

I haven’t done enough laps to attach a good hotlap. I managed a poor 1.14.52 but with many mistakes caused by me as i don't really know when to brake yet
Attached files
FBM_bl1 kd R1.set - 132 B - 1941 views
#24 - Dru
Down.

FBM Setups
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG