The online racing simulator
Multiplayer lap time issue
(14 posts, started )
#1 - Gabox
Hello!

I recently noticed that if i play multiplayer in lfs, my lap times are much slower than in single player hotlap mode.

That must be a bug in lfs. I do everything same, but my lap times are 1-2 (aston historic/fzr) secound slower in multiplayer.

I would like to mention, that my case is a little bit special, because i play on a laptop with intel vga, and my average fps are 35-40.

Anyone else noticed the issue?
handcaps?
#3 - Gabox
#4 - J@tko
In certain cars (TBO & GTR, I think) they have either air restriction (less power) or ballast (weight) added on.
yes

some cars have restrictions on multiplayer mode
and those restrictions aren't apply(ed?) on single player mode

thats why the cars are faster offline

but i'm not sure if this system was kept in X30
#6 - Gabox
you mean default restriction? all my handicap setting are 0.
In multiplayer the hosts can set a handicap for each car.. So if I go and drive the FOX around AS-Club in Singleplayer with no handicaps I can get 1:01's.. BUT if I go play online the host might of set a handicap, so I might only get 1:03's without changing anything..
#8 - Gabox
Ok, but how can i find out if a particular host has handicap, for a particular car or not?
Are there any way other than asking the host owner?
I would guess either you just know from racing there, someone will tell you, or more likely, the server will have some insim programming that will let you know when you enter or enter the track in the particular car.
#10 - Jakg
The host does NOT set the handicap (although InSim apps can), the Master Server does. Currently there are weight restrictions on the TBO class, FZR and XRR. There are also power restrictions on the FXO...

@ Matt0snap, you being slow in the FOX could be down to Wind, theres no other explanation if you change nothing.
So the master server applies restrictions. My question is the same. Are there any documentation about the details of these restrictions?
Plus, what is the reason behind that? I think it would be better if these weight or power restrictions were built into the cars out of the box.
Try the testpatch - that's exactly what they are trying to do right now..

The cars of the 2 classes (TBO and GTR) should have been released as 'equal' but after a while (and also due to setups which didn't exist at the time they were released at first) it showed that some cars are inferiour and a few superior

Thats why the made the 'forced balancing' via the master server to keep online races close

With the next patch, there will be some small changes on the cars itself (smaller tires, less weight, different gearboxes) to keep the classes balanced - take a look at the different threads concerning class balancing with the new patch in the TEST forums...

If they manage to balance the cars correct, there won't be any differences between offline and online driving with patch Y anymore
Actually Single Player physics and online physics are a bit different. Bawbag makes WR, but usually to beat that in online mode is hard.
I saw a 510N3D in FM Oval server and he did 31.42, while he can do 31.40 in hotlap mode (WR of his).
OK, i understand now. Thanks for the information.

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG