The online racing simulator
BUG REPORTS : Training Lessons
(33 posts, started )
Please report any issues you find in the new Training Lessons in this thread.

Try to avoid duplicate bug reports.
#2 - Dmt
When starting doing RAC lessons , it wont let you on the track
Attached images
555.JPG
Taking the wrong route in any of the overtaking lessons stops the lesson from ending and stops the escape button from working so there is no way to get out of the game.
Quote from Dmt :When starting doing RAC lessons , it wont let you on the track

Thanks, I confirm I get the same bug.

Quote from WhizzkidOne :Taking the wrong route in any of the overtaking lessons stops the lesson from ending and stops the escape button from working so there is no way to get out of the game.

Thanks for the report but can you describe what you mean by taking the wrong route? Just to save me some experimenting,
Going off track, where it'd used to auto-reset you I'd presume?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Going off track, where it'd used to auto-reset you I'd presume?

No presumptions, only the facts please. Just saves me time... and I'll need a lot of it by the look of the number of bug reports I'm collecting.
Well, I was right anyways, if you go off-track, it spectates you, but you can't leave

(Easy Test: Go to S1 rally-X lesson, and turn off into the Rally-X green course )
I've just tested it on the XFG 'Overtaking' traning session by crashing through the barriers where the RallyX circuit joins the back straight. I was sent to 'spectate' mode and some text appeared in the top left of the screen saying 'Not recording'. The escape key didn't work so I had to Alt-F4 out of LFS. I did manage to get back to the pits using Shift-P but the escape key still didn't work.
Quote :
Thanks for the report but can you describe what you mean by taking the wrong route? Just to save me some experimenting,

Yes I meant like Dustin said. If you drive onto the wrong config it spectates you with no way to exit.
typo in training lesson "South City Overtaking - LX4"

the first sentence in the tip reads "e of the most popular tracks in LFS S1"
typo in Kyoto Testdrive - XF GTR

the last sentence just ends in the middle. "Is a competitor to"
Fern Bay Overtaking - FXO

The tips screen describes Fern Bay Green, but the race (lesson) takes place on FE Gold.
Previous school test should be reseted. For example I have some bf2 test allready done from old lessons I did in X10...
On the XFR Kyoto Testdrive, the text in the splash screen is too long for the window and thus cut off in the middle of a sentence.
Attached images
LFS 2007-12-12 14-32-57-85.png
In X31

1 - Shift-R doesn't work in licences
2 - More of an omission than a bug. It doesn't say to press escape to exit the test drive as the parking area on the grass near the start line has gone in all of the tests.
3 - Also more of an omission than a bug. It doesn't tell the newer drivers what the pit lane speed limit is.
All issues should be fixed in X31. The ones duke mentioned will be considered for X32.
Just played 3 or 4 lessons on training. Reached the RAC section, on its first lesson, frame rates plummet and one odd bug appears.

The intro for the LX4 overtaking lesson is cut off at the end.
Attached images
LFSooops.jpg
On the first MRT lesson, a system message in red says twice "can't open AC_Uni_Sign".
I don't get that - do you get the same message if you just try and load the autocross track in single player?
Quote from Scawen :I don't get that - do you get the same message if you just try and load the autocross track in single player?

Yes, so is it maybe from some miscellaneous add-on that it disappeared?
Quote from gremwood :Just played 3 or 4 lessons on training. Reached the RAC section, on its first lesson, frame rates plummet and one odd bug appears.

Same thing happened here, but earlier in the trainings. Stayed like that untill a reboot - so I first thought it was my computer...
Quote from gremwood :Just played 3 or 4 lessons on training. Reached the RAC section, on its first lesson, frame rates plummet and one odd bug appears.

Getting that a lot, especially in the viewer... But also in the game. Normally just restarting LFS fixes it, but sometimes i need to change the graphics setting

(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG