The online racing simulator
Marshals wave flags?
(8 posts, started )
Marshals wave flags?
How about the marshals wave the flags? that would be much more use than them just standing by the track as the currently do, and i think it would give a more realistic feel to game play. Also, concerning flags, after 2 or 3 blue flag warnings i think a player should be forced to spectate(this is what happens in real racing) as often lapped cars enjoy blocking the leaders.
I don't think real life racers have to worry about being kicked to spectate if they miss three blue flags
#3 - garph
Don't really see the point of the yellow flag thing and I doubt you even see it most of the time.

And the blue flag thing would never work fairly, I've been in situations when a blue flag warning appears way before the leading cars are in a position to pass or even close enough for me to allow them to pass, you'd have loads of people being kicked to spectate for no real reason. I think it would cause more problems than it would solve.
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Probably has been suggested before, somewhere...

... it has been suggested before...

Quote from egghed6 :Also, concerning flags, after 2 or 3 blue flag warnings i think a player should be forced to spectate(this is what happens in real racing) as often lapped cars enjoy blocking the leaders.

... in RL you'll get a DT and then, if you don't accept the DT and don't go to pits then you'll get black flagged (would mean "spactate" in this case)

actually it would be just something optical, eating your hardware and I think something is more important then this optical improvement: technical, physical improvements!
u know ot i mean. i just find blocking leading drivers very irritating and imature-there should be some way to block it out.
That will be great!
#7 - ajp71
Quote from garph :Don't really see the point of the yellow flag thing and I doubt you even see it most of the time.

I hope I never meet you on a real racing circuit, especially stalled in a stationary car facing the wrong way. Real racing drivers don't seem to have an issue with spotting marshals flags, neither was it hard in GPL. Currently though it seems most drivers in LFS just ignore a yellow flag and get pissed off when they crash out driving to overtake under one.
whoops, mis-reply.

I agree that marshals with flags is a good idea, but I'm unsure the resolution on most monitors would be high enough for them to show up. The green light on the X30 version of the main straight in BL1 is only visible to me once I'm probably past the point where I could brake for it.

Marshals wave flags?
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG