The online racing simulator
Faster start using FF cars....
(6 posts, started )
Hi all, I just got S2 and started playing a few days ago...
When driving a car with front wheel drive (like the XF, FXO), I'm having problems to make a faster start during a race...(If I step on the gas too hard, the front wheels will spin...)
So what's the best way to make a quick start without spinning the tires too much?

btw, I'm using the Logitech RumblePad 2...
Quote from BCNR33 :Hi all, I just got S2 and started playing a few days ago...
When driving a car with front wheel drive (like the XF, FXO), I'm having problems to make a faster start during a race...(If I step on the gas too hard, the front wheels will spin...)
So what's the best way to make a quick start without spinning the tires too much?

btw, I'm using the Logitech RumblePad 2...

Honestly, both FR and FF are spining on start. What I would suggest is to spin as hard as you can. Floor it all the way until it get grip. I'm really close of XRTs and all by doing this. Here's a replay to show you. If you have a clutch, you may have a less violent start, which will make you get the grip even faster. Otherwise well, I can't help you much. Welcome to Live For Speed by the way.
#3 - epp_b
Um...sorry, but no. Jamming your foot to the floor in a FF will not give you a faster start. Even though you have the big lump of the engine at the front pushing down on the tires, basic physics will show you that, when you accellerate, weight is pushed towards the opposite side to the direction of accelleration. In other words, the faster you accellerate, the more weight is pushed towards the rear of the car and the less grip you'll have on the front wheels. This is why wheel-spin can actually be advantageous in a RWD setup.

Adding some weight to the front of the car will help you reduce wheel-spin. Beyond that, it's mostly a matter of practice for each car.
Yeah I agree, if you don't have a clutch. If all else fails, just floor it, and hope for the best.
Quote from legoflamb :Yeah I agree, if you don't have a clutch. If all else fails, just floor it, and hope for the best.

And this is exactly what I stated upper, I can't test clutch techniques as my clutch is the upper red button on my Momo Racing...
I was agreeing to you riders motion, it just took me a while to decide weather or not to respong to the thread starter, so i guess the other guy got it in first.

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG