The online racing simulator
How to make a greeting message
(11 posts, started )
How do you make a greeting message for your host/server??
make a file called welcome.txt and put it in your root LFS Folder (where the EXE is), Edit the file welcome.txt in notepad and type in the message you want people to see.

then you can either

a: if its a dedicated server make sure you have teh command: /welcome=welcome.txt (by default it is near the bottom)

b: go into your server with your admin password and type /welcome=welcome.txt

After that anybody joining will see the message from the text file
how about if you can't reach the server's file location and are half way across the world and only have admin access, can it be done in anyway there
Quote from franky500 :b: go into your server with your admin password and type /welcome=welcome.txt

In this particular case the correct syntax is:
/welcome welcome.txt
Without a = like any other in-game command

Quote from hughesie89 :how about if you can't reach the server's file location and are half way across the world and only have admin access, can it be done in anyway there

Create the file then send it to your server support team and ask them to do the update.
what is the max. amount of characters in this file??
Quote from Lotesdelere :In this particular case the correct syntax is:
/welcome welcome.txt
Without a = like any other in-game command

Create the file then send it to your server support team and ask them to do the update.

it works both with and without the -

Quote :what is the max. amount of characters in this file??

I believe it is 200
file not found !!!
Hi , I own a LFS server and I want to put a welcome mesage ,I`v tried all the steps above and it wont work , it sez "file not found". I know ima demo racer/server but please leave an advice with what im doing wrong.
Quote from mitza_rally :Hi , I own a LFS server and I want to put a welcome mesage ,I`v tried all the steps above and it wont work , it sez "file not found". I know ima demo racer/server but please leave an advice with what im doing wrong.

you need to call it welcome.txt with the .txt bit on the end unless u have put it in the wrong place
go in the start menu, control panel, folder preferances, and deactivate "Disable Known file extenions". Then u should see that ur file is called welcome.txt.txt (maybe im wrong)
10q vry much
Quote from Stefani24 :go in the start menu, control panel, folder preferances, and deactivate "Disable Known file extenions". Then u should see that ur file is called welcome.txt.txt (maybe im wrong)

Stefani you are a genius , that was it the txt bit , again 10x a 1.000.000

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG