The online racing simulator
LFS Community Year-End Awards?
(98 posts, closed, started )
I've had this idea kicking around my head for a few weeks and I figured that, since the end of the year is drawing near, I might as well put it out there and see what everyone thinks.

So...

How would you guys (the community) feel about a year-end community awards ceremony? It would all be in the spirit of good fun, and would include various categories covering many different aspects of day-to-day LFS life. We'd accept nominations privately and then the top 5 most nominated in each category would be put up for public vote, either in threads here or on an external website.

Categories might include:

Best Driver
Best Team
Best League
Best Public Server

Best Skinner
Best Movie Maker
Best Movie

Best Unofficial Add-on
Best Texture Pack (Tracks)
Best Texture Pack (Cars)

Best Forum Personality
Best Forum Villain
Best Forum n00b

etc etc. Please give me more ideas if you have them.

edit: separate categories could be possible for racing/drift in certain areas, if demand is strong enough. :P

Any thoughts or criticisms? It's pretty pointless, but what isn't around here?
Sounds interesting I would like to see how it turns out
I like the idea, add some little signature award things *Best Noob Award* banner and it'd look cool
#4 - Gil07
I win!

Seriously though, could be interesting...
Best Skin
Best Movie

Best Unofficial Add-on
Best Texture Pack (Tracks)
Best Texture Pack (Cars)

Best Forum Personality
Best Forum Villain
Best Forum n00b

I think those are the only options that could work, because its something everyone on the forum can vote for.
I'd like to be forum presonality
#8 - Jakg
Biggest Forum Geek?
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I think those are the only options that could work, because its something everyone on the forum can vote for.

I dunno, I don't see why everyone has to vote in every category. And there are plenty of people who know who the top drivers/teams/leagues in LFS are, even if they don't race against/in them all that frequently.
Quote from Jakg :Biggest Forum Geek?

that isnt me
153 post in 4 year

but i read everything
I'll nominate myself for Forum Villain you bunch of bandits who can't overtake properly and want to be rapped in cotton wool lol
You didn't include any cruise server categories, like "Most Worryingly-Enthusiastic Authoritative Role-Playing LFS Cop-Type Driver" or "Lowest IQ".
Quote from thisnameistaken :You didn't include any cruise server categories, like "Most Worryingly-Enthusiastic Authoritative Role-Playing LFS Cop-Type Driver" or "Lowest IQ".

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It'll be rectified.
Quote from Intrepid :I'll nominate myself for Forum Villain you bunch of bandits who can't overtake properly and want to be rapped in cotton wool lol

You and Senna would make a good double bill nomination.
Favorite Forum Thread
Worst Improvement Suggestion
Forum Quote of the Year
Quote from UncleBenny :Favorite Forum Thread
Worst Improvement Suggestion
Forum Quote of the Year

These are good ideas, but I wonder if the pool of possible responses is too huge to get a solid list of consensus nominations.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :These are good ideas, but I wonder if the pool of possible responses is too huge to get a solid list of consensus nominations.

true, i'm pretty sure worst improvements could work though

also:

Most Over-Raced Combo
I think it's a good idea. Might want to break the forum ones up a bit more though, and using the word "best" for everything might be a bit bland

Racing Awards
Best Overall Driver
Best Overall Team
Most Sportsmanlike Driver
Most Sportsmanlike Team
Most Popular League
Most Popular Server
Biggest League Blunder*

Forum Awards
Most Productive Post
Most Friendly User
Most Pointless Post**

Creative Awards
Best Public Skin
Best Movie
Best Add-On

* This one goes to the person who made a stupid mistake in a race which led to their disqualification or massive loss of position.

** This one might be a bit controversial and hard to judge. The single most pointless, least productive and ultimately useless forum post. Or the person who consistently asks or says stupid things. I know who you're all thinking of right now too.

I took some out, because I don't think there's enough people making texture packs to need a seperate award - they'd all be up for Best Add-On. Also, surely the best movie would be made by the best movie maker, so that award becomes pointless.
I also created Best Overall and Most Sportsmanlike, because fast can get you best overall (performance wise) but good behaviour also deserves an award.

I could probably think of some more if I had the time too
Best Avatar/s?
Quote from hotmail :that isnt me
153 post in 4 year

but i read everything

Think can beat that

29 posts in 51 months ...that makes an average of one post every 52 days
Quote from Dajmin :** This one might be a bit controversial and hard to judge. The single most pointless, least productive and ultimately useless forum post. Or the person who consistently asks or says stupid things. I know who you're all thinking of right now too.

I dunno, I could think of a few. ;]

Good post, btw. More ideas!

edit: When I wrote add-on there, I was thinking more in the insim/outsim sense. Like Spectator and whatnot. I feel like texture packs and so on are in a different class, hence them being in a different forum here.
Favorite Smilie
Good idea DWB, I think that could be a bit of a giggle
Whoa, hey Rafo. Where you been?

edit: that was to post #22, of course.
This thread is closed

(98 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG