The online racing simulator
Procceser dragging things down with it?
Well ive just been thinking about my pc (allready got but not using):

Its running 2gb ddr2 ram
Nvidia geforce 8600gt
And a 4600+ 64x2 amd 2.10ghz

im just interested if i could do with updating the procceser eventully as its not to good? well it be dragging everything with it?
I wouldn't think that it would be slowing you down too much with that graphics card, but certainly if you ever go up to the 8800's you are going to want a faster chip. Still, you should see framerate improvements at least in LFS with a new processor (especially with multiple cars) seeing as it puts most of the strain on the processor anyway. I'm talking about other games. In LFS, it's pretty much always the processor that caps your framerate, lol.
Ah ok, was just wondering thanks for reasuring me
Cheers,
Jim.
No point to upgrade just for LFS, you CPU is no problem even with full grids. I have A64 3000+(2,4Ghz) and I honestly can't notice any frame drops unless I turn FPS display on and stare at it.
Quote from Crommi :No point to upgrade just for LFS, you CPU is no problem even with full grids. I have A64 3000+(2,4Ghz) and I honestly can't notice any frame drops unless I turn FPS display on and stare at it.

Really? I had a 4200+ and it struggled even with just a few cars in South City. A full grid on any track was troublesome.

Then again, I had all the high-res textures, but I thought most people did at this point.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :Really? I had a 4200+ and it struggled even with just a few cars in South City. A full grid on any track was troublesome.

Then again, I had all the high-res textures, but I thought most people did at this point.

You must have had some backround processes taking up resources, it just doesn't make any sense. Recently only FPS issues I've had with LFS were when I was using GF6800GS before my upgrade and tried to use decent amount of AA and AF at the same time.

I did race LFS Demo online alot with 900Mhz Duron & r8500LE...
Quote from Crommi :You must have had some backround processes taking up resources, it just doesn't make any sense. Recently only FPS issues I've had with LFS were when I was using GF6800GS before my upgrade and tried to use decent amount of AA and AF at the same time.

I did race LFS Demo online alot with 900Mhz Duron & r8500LE...

Lol, it's funny you should say that. Cause ur saying that I should have been fine with that processor, and I'm gonna say the same thing about your card. That's the card I have (well, GS vs GT - dunno how huge of a difference that is) and I can get 40+ FPS with AA and AS at 2560 x 1024 res with the high-res textures...

And I'm fairly certain it was my processor, because when I went to the FX-62, my framerates jumped significantly.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG