The online racing simulator
burnout paradise
(31 posts, started )
burnout paradise
does anyone knw the date that the burnout paradise demo will be coming out? all i can find is 'december'.
I'll let you in on some insider information, but you can't tell anyone.

It'll get released within the next 3 weeks!
*knock*

OH NOEZ! THE POLICE!
please explain what this game is. it sounds kinda cool
that explains nothing, nothing at all
It's a racing game, but it has crashes as the feature as well as the racing. A lot of the modes are about causing massive crashes and some of the events involve punting traffic out of the way.
Paradise is offering a menu-free interface (which I'll have to see to understand) and a free world to mess around in. I'm not sure how events get started, but my guess is it'll probably be along similar lines to Test Drive Unlimited.

Burnout is pretty arcadey (and regular forum-goers will know how I usually feel about them), but I really enjoyed the Revenge demo when I played it a couple of months back. I'll be keeping an eye on Paradise too.
Quote from kester :that explains nothing, nothing at all

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burnout_Paradise

This should explain pretty much everything and took about 0.254456 seconds to find. Seriously, this is the interweb; it's w-a-a-a-y quicker to search for yourself rather than wait for a forum reply.

Good luck to you though...
Burnout 2 was, and always will be, the best

And yep I've played them all - a lot.
Burnout Paridise comes out January 22nd 2008. For Xbox 360 and PS3. And it is definatly on my list.

Guess that means the decent racers will be on Burnout Paridise :P
I was a big fan of both Revenge and Takedown. Maybe the only games besides Portal and Shadow of the Colossus that I've played all the way through in the last couple years.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I'll let you in on some insider information, but you can't tell anyone.

It'll get released within the next 3 weeks!
*knock*

OH NOEZ! THE POLICE!

haha thats funny. but seriosly.
@Dajmin- I'm pretty sure they mean something like Gran Theft Auto. You just start at your house and multiple things can be accesed from the free world.

This seems like just a cross between TDU and a ricefest.
#13 - zxt
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :This is a game that ALL of the crashers should be playing instead of LFS. It's the game of their dreams!

Exactly what I'm thinking.
Quote from Rappa Z :@Dajmin- I'm pretty sure they mean something like Gran Theft Auto. You just start at your house and multiple things can be accesed from the free world.

This seems like just a cross between TDU and a ricefest.

But being totally menu free sounds weird to me, and potentially a real pain in the ass. Having to drive somewhere to join a multiplayer game or change options? Not convinced.

But we'll see, I'm still likely to pick up a copy
It is a pain in the ass. They probably will make some sort of teleport thing that takes you directly to the spot.
But damage model is improved greatly. Also ricefest? Well if you Rappa think so, then so the better, you can crash riced cars! What a great chance! (btw that was NOT sarcasm).
hmm, good point, rice bangers.

I have to say, it has potential to become a proper TDU. Some mods to the cars and no bugs(unlke TDU) would make it pretty good.
nvm its coming out the 13.
Quote from Rappa Z :hmm, good point, rice bangers.

I have to say, it has potential to become a proper TDU. Some mods to the cars and no bugs(unlke TDU) would make it pretty good.

accually theres hardly any ricers in it. theres alot of super cars. a bunch of muscle cars some offroad cars and a couple ricers. but not that many.
and for the other people ive done a bit of resaerch on it. free roam wise it loads once at the beginning and the rest of it is all done in game. to do a mission you pull up to a stop light and pull both triggers and it will start you in a mission form there. if you dnt want to do it all you have to do is turn around and drive the other way. for two player u just it pause and add onother person or send a friend request for online play. to get new cars you have to find them(ther hidden and or driving around somewheere in the world)and destroy them. they will them be put in ur junkyard and you have to go to your junkyard and take the car to a bodyshop to get it fixed.
It probably means it'll be like old games like Flight Unlimited. Clicking on different objects in your "house" will open different things. For example, clicking on your key cabinet lets you choose the plane you want to fly.
Quote from spookthehamster :It probably means it'll be like old games like Flight Unlimited. Clicking on different objects in your "house" will open different things. For example, clicking on your key cabinet lets you choose the plane you want to fly.

Now THAT was oldskool - quality game though
Oh dammm, With new update, gold users can download demos right away, but silver members must wait for one week And since i got silver....it sucks.

They said, it's done because to give something extra for gold members, not to annoy silver members.... YEA RIGHT!
Quote from Rappa Z :It is a pain in the ass. They probably will make some sort of teleport thing that takes you directly to the spot.

No, you drive to the stoplights and hold down certain buttons to engage a race.

And guess what? On the 23rd, I bet LFS will be down wreckers by about...70 percent...

But im not a wrecker and im still gonna pick it up because it looks fun as hell.
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :Oh dammm, With new update, gold users can download demos right away, but silver members must wait for one week And since i got silver....it sucks.

They said, it's done because to give something extra for gold members, not to annoy silver members.... YEA RIGHT!

were did you hear all this?
I still prefer Burnout 3 over any of these new ones. But looks fun

burnout paradise
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG