The online racing simulator
Race 1-like server with S2 tracks coming soon?
Race 1 is a great server.
But I am getting a bit tired of racing always BLGP, SO, and Fern Bay. There could be a few good combos I think in the S2 tracks, like AS Cadet with the XFG. Besides, the Race 1 server gets overrun so badly I think it would also be a better idea to run two servers of the same licence level (in this case copper) if it's possible.
i do like the idea tbo,or even make it for bronze drivers only, but then no, it would be useful, it would allow more people to race without he prob of too many on track, you could even limit the number slightly if there was 2 to make the racing cleaner
bring back the uf1 server as it used to be
how about a a server with uf1 and restricted xfg, you could call it the xf gt si it would have less power cos it dosnt have injection
I'm getting a bit tired of these S1 tracks in CTRA 1. its the only CTRA server thats ever populated and most people are forced to go there. maybe add another class of UF1s for Bronzers? or Silverers?
#6 - SamH
We're going to wait until the new patch is out, and then we'll be looking at our options.
#7 - Dru
Quote from SamH :We're going to wait until the new patch is out, and then we'll be looking at our options.

Cough Baby-R Cough
#8 - SamH
mebbe
#9 - Dru
#10 - SamH
Did someone call
#12 - SamH
ROFL! We may be a few weeks away, yet.

I've discussed with all the CTRA admins that are around at the moment, about what cars and tracks we run and what we want to run. Right now, I think we're leaning towards re-separating the GT2/GTR server from the TBO server again. It's becoming clear that the people who like GT2/GTR don't necessarily like TBO, and when the changeover happens it tends to kill the server off. If someone who likes GT2/GTR is on the server when it changes over to TBO, they will disco if they don't wanna drive the TBO. Separating the servers should get a more consistent server population.

Also, we'd like to get another S2 entry level CTRA server up. Instead of the UF1000, we're considering running ZWR's UF Baby-R. It's a fab car, a lot of fun, and it's worth upgrading to S2 alone for
Ohhh I feel some old beta testing coming up.

Aye your right, TBO are great fun. But when the server switch from GTR to TBO or vice versa it kills the server. GTR are easy too handle and give close racing. TBO on the other hand is fast but very depending on the racer.
Neils, you don't know the half of it!
Thank the Maker!

Now that I got my silver I've been on the Race 2 a couple of times. The jump from the lower license XRG to the GT2 class is a bit much. Atleast for me.
Furthermore the difference between the TBO and GT2 class is so big that after one the other feels undrivable. Well atleast the TBOs feel sluggish and unresponsive.

Is the new S-S going to be featured?
March, just wait til the thing is released, so then it can get classified, then beta tested, then all research thrown out the window "cuz I can't drive it", and repeat 10 times, that's how the GT2 class came about

Patience is a virtue.
Patience? What is this "patience"? What ever it is I ain't got time for it.
Quote from niels1 :GTR are easy too handle and give close racing. TBO on the other hand is fast but very depending on the racer.

Did you confuse the car classes there?

IMO, the quote makes more sense when you switch TBO and GTR.
No i meant it they way it was righten down. I clarify that. GTR isnt that hard too handle. Sure you need some skill but overall GTR are easier to drive then the TBO. So due to the limited skills you need people can go real fast with these cars and have relative close racing.

TBO are nice cars to drive but you need loads of skills to get a good lapetime outta it. When you lack at all these skills you bite the bullit quickly. You loose contact with the faster guys compared to the GTR. I do like the TBO class but I need more skills on them.

This is how i meant it, but thats personal. Maybe Zeugi, you feel it the other way around.
Quote from niels1 :You loose contact with the faster guys compared to the GTR.

Maybe Zeugi, you feel it the other way around.

I indeed do.

I think the racing in the TBO class is generally MUCH closer than with GTRs. I would say I'm an average driver and I definately lose contact with the aliens faster in the GTR class than in the TBOs.
+1 for niels1, but thats a personal decision, for sure
#22 - SamH
For me, GT2 gives closer racing than GTR, but TBO is the closest. I'm not a particularly good driver at all, but I find that when I enter a corner badly in a GTR I have a lot more room to correct my error in the middle of the maneouvre. In a TBO, my cornering performance is much more decided at the point I turn in than at any point after it.
If your Thinking of a Baby-R server Sam include a restricted XFR to run along side the restricted UFR

With regards to TBO and GT2, the problem is the TBO's are like driving on ice compared to the GT2 class. I find you need to be more precise and controlled in the TBO's but in the GT2 cars it is full on agression
Were you talking about GT2 the whole time?

Then, you are of course right with the less needed skill for this class than for TBO.

I thought you meant the non-restricted GTRs.
Quote from CELTIC100 :With regards to TBO and GT2, the problem is the TBO's are like driving on ice compared to the GT2 class. I find you need to be more precise and controlled in the TBO's but in the GT2 cars it is full on agression

What you mean is that restricted GTR cars are easy enough for your grandma to drive. Slicks, downforce, reduced power, just put a brick on the pedal and go get a cup of cocoa and a good book.

Nice to hear we'll be seeing even more slower versions of cars in future. When the CTRA initially planned to ban driver aids and turn us all into proper racers I was frightened, so I'm glad they're now more concerned with dumbing down their cars to make them easier for people who can't drive.

I suppose so long as you make the all-important hackneyed excuse that it "provides close racing" it'll be OK. Let's try to get away from the common misconception that the drivers have anything to do with how close the racing is.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG