The online racing simulator
Quote from DratsaB :Some good points.
However, I am very happy with the GFX in LFS S2. With a resolution of 1600x1200 @85hz /32bit, full AA, full AF, all gfx options at max and Kegety's Smoke Mod, S2 is a thing of beauty. I am suprised to hear that Eric feels a bit embarrased about the quality of them.

I believe improved sound would add to the imertion factor way, way more than updated GFX.

Yea, that's what i said, the graphics are great, really, i said only the interiors could be better..
We are kinda spoiled now, expecting progress reports often.. but it's the devs "fault" I also agree, it would be great if Eric could tell us once in a while what is he up to..
The biggest problem with media blackout is that the longer we wait the higher our expectations will be, but if they show us some stuff then we'll know what to expect. I remember some other games and mods that had more than one year without showing a single screenshot and when the game/mod was finally released it was a HUGE disappointment.

I know the fans won't have a problem if the devs don't show anything but perhaps the rest of the LFS players will lose interest.
graphics are great what?
i would say clean, but nothing near realistic or today's standards
textures are fairly good; but for eric to have to be an all around person to do both modeling and texturing.. thats kinda hard to be

when you think about it.. obviously the devs left us with something WE can edit; if you really want nice textures, make them! its hard yes, but there is nothing stopping you

imo the textures right now are excelent for the size of the game in mb.. i mean.. that many tracks, that many cars .. that much 'stuff' and its barely over 120mb, thats insanely good
thats all i have to say lol
oh yes; and like i told tweak however many times; i wish eric would post at LEAST once.. he seems to silent now.. was kinda wishing he would be more active now that lfs has its own private forum
Quote from Tweaker :But that is like saying the appreciation for seeing what future plans Scawen has in store for us is not welcome because of hype? :zombie:

Come on now, it is about keeping the players interested in what we will get later on, we used to have it a lot, but no more. Don't say a possible sexy screenshot of some hifi cockpit from Eric would not be worth it

well like i said, i am interested in what it being done too, and hype is good for publicity. i maybe should have said: too pressure from people isnt welcome. it just seems to be and endless cycle.

all im saying is we have just had the most recent patch, so putting more pressure on now is a little much.
OT:
Quote from mrbogeyman :and hype is good for publicity

Except for that nasty incident where S2 didnt come and the community went nuts
lol want LFS to look amazing, mod the GP4 addon textures for LFS and then see how it comes out

http://www.grandprixgames.org/?page=download

i bet that would look great after looking through so many great pictures of GP4s' addons
Quote from mrbogeyman :hype CAN be good for publicity.

Quote from TaiFong :The only other (and very minor) thing I could think of that needs improvement is the material the wheels are made out of. I would like to see them as more metallic looking rather than the weird, flat ceramic look they sport now. Though, that has been talked about before also.

I use these wheel textures.. adds at least a tiny little bit for the immersion. :| Found these from Masters Skinnerz forum.
Attached files
Cromowheel2.dds - 42.8 KB - 299 views
Cromowheel_grip.dds - 128.1 KB - 304 views
Quote from deggis :I use these wheel textures.. adds at least a tiny little bit for the immersion. :| Found these from Masters Skinnerz forum.

Errr....I think he was talking of the wheels the cars use to move on. Those that have the tires around them.
Quote from Tweaker :Come on now, it is about keeping the players interested in what we will get later on, we used to have it a lot, but no more.

Totally agree.
Quote from deggis :I use these wheel textures.. adds at least a tiny little bit for the immersion. :| Found these from Masters Skinnerz forum.

Thanks, but I meant the actual wheels of the car. I actually have a nice little steering wheel which is probably the same one you so kindly uploaded.
Regarding Eric's silence: does he have any internet connection at all on the computer he's using to develope? I know doing 3D as a hobby that myself if I did it on a professional basis I wouldn't have any connection to the world on the working machine to help efficiency. If I can't connect I'll keep working. That would also explain his number of 0 posts.....
Updated interiors and a new race start method are things I can easily do without, the aero exploit however is of much greater importance imo.

Anyway all these things have been suggested numerous time by now.

btw, maybe forums just aren't Erics thing, who knows, not really important imo.
Quote from TaiFong :Thanks, but I meant the actual wheels of the car. I actually have a nice little steering wheel which is probably the same one you so kindly uploaded.

Ok I just thought so because you were talking about a "metallic look".

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG