The online racing simulator
A question for you renderer's
(22 posts, started )
How are you getting the full size renders?
I started out using Ian's scense, with the limited trial of Brazil Rio.
Now I'm sure that not everyone can afford a license.. Someone mentioned to me once the 3ds script 'Big Render' I downloaded this, and have it available to load in 3ds, but am not sure how to use it.

If you guys are using something other then Brazil, a tip would be nice.. The basic scanline renderer made my car look like a plastic block.

Without giving much away. Ever heared of Bit Torrent?
Yes I have, but if we're talking about the 'renderer' my snooping came up empty.
What would you call people with a patch over their eye and have a sword?
then put a space then bay and search there
-
(sdbDrifter) DELETED by sdbDrifter
Anyone know anything about this "big render' script?
#6 - Gunn
Brazil is just one of many plugin renderers available. The default scanline renderer works just fine, but Max is no simple program and there are literally thousands of lighting/shadow/mapping possibilities. Brazil is generally accepted to be faster at making quality renders, with less user input required for satisfactory results.

But the bottom line is, you don't need Brazil to make awesome renders.

There are many tutorials available online to help teach you about rendering scenes. Because MAX is such a complex beast you may need to seek this kind of help or else rely on trial and error.
just use vray :P
or the default scanline renderer..
#8 - ORION
The scanline renderer doesnt make your cars look like plastic if you know how to use it
That's because Ian used Brazil materials to create the reflections.
then he should concider re-making all the textures, or just transforming them to standart mtls.
u can always search on the net for car modelling / texturing tutorials, im sure ur gonna find some decent rendering guides there
Quote from ramtech :then he should concider re-making all the textures, or just transforming them to standart mtls.
u can always search on the net for car modelling / texturing tutorials, im sure ur gonna find some decent rendering guides there

..exactly; not only are ian's materials weird.. (ie: glass reflecting a vibrant blue) he also doesnt give much variability to who uses it; if you have brazil woop de doo.. you can use a not so great scene to show off your skin (which if thats all your doing that for, thats fine)

but otherwise.. you cant really do anything with his scenes
but dont be expecting him much anymore, hes gone 100% rFactor
Thanks guys, I got things figured out.
Quote from XCNuse :but dont be expecting him much anymore, hes gone 100% rFactor

...Until the devs sort out the physics.
Quote from XCNuse :..exactly; not only are ian's materials weird.. (ie: glass reflecting a vibrant blue) he also doesnt give much variability to who uses it; if you have brazil woop de doo.. you can use a not so great scene to show off your skin (which if thats all your doing that for, thats fine)

but otherwise.. you cant really do anything with his scenes
but dont be expecting him much anymore, hes gone 100% rFactor

Not variable?
Attached images
GRAB_201.JPG
GRAB_206.JPG
GRAB_227.JPG
meaning if you dont have brazil; you cant use his scenes

well.. you could if you really wanted to but it wouldnt even be worth trying to convert everything
Is there anything else to convert than the materials?
Lights maybe
no because he doesnt use lights afaik
so you'd have to make your own, he just uses the brazil default skylight and that plane that.. reflects blue
Ughh, seggons, is that rFactor with LFS cars? yuck
God that looks worse than an arcade game down at the amusement park

Keiran
lol, but you can adjust it all to your personal prefrence. Dont like something, change it I think is the perfect motto.
LFS open source. Sounds good to me.
LFS open source will be crappy... MAYBE LFS with support for custom content, but only with some online systems that dont allow flooding the game with crap cars and tracks.
Im thinking of some lfs-files kinda thing where only one car or track in a month can be added. A vote, and the best will win.
nah, no voting involved.. just let them ppl add what they want, and run their own servers.. just find out another system to filter them or something in the Display Servers panel..
There's always testing involved before beeing able to make a votable car then, so how are ppl supposed to test them with others if they arent allowed to try that car / track of theirs? Maybe they need to test them online too..
Besides.. how can u vote, if u cant try

(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG