The online racing simulator
is this an excellent deal?, seem like it
From what I hear, the 8600 isn't really worth it if you are any much of a gamer at all...

... still cheap tho.
#3 - Mc21
#4 - ajp71
An 8600GTS will not let you play Crysis with high details without major fps hits. I'd of thought that an 8800GT would be a far better choice for you or if you can't stretch that far then a top 7xxx from ebay. I'd pretty much forget about the fact that this card is DX10 because you'll run it in DX9 anyway on the new more intensive games.
tbo i dont care about crysis etc, and tbo if i spend slightly less on a graphics card i can get a q6600
#6 - ajp71
Quote from james12s :tbo i dont care about crysis etc, and tbo if i spend slightly less on a graphics card i can get a q6600

Well why not go for a 7600GT or even a 6800GT off ebay and keep the cash in hand for when you do want to upgrade seeing as all 3 will give fairly similar performance (and likewise will need to be upgraded at pretty much the same time) just the 8600 is 3 times the price.
well i need to have it fully built buy mid january and im only 15 so mone is a slight problem, i wouuld rather buy the proper thing first, i have been told the 8600gts is a good card, and i never trust ebay
A good card is the 8800; the 8600 is an "OK" card but it's meant to be a value card, not a high-end card. These days you can tell how good a card is by its price. The more you pay for it, the better it is.
#9 - ajp71
Quote from james12s :well i need to have it fully built buy mid january and im only 15 so mone is a slight problem, i wouuld rather buy the proper thing first, i have been told the 8600gts is a good card, and i never trust ebay

You don't have to buy a 7600GT on ebay, you can pick a new one up for about £60. If you don't need it straight away then I'd wait because 8800GT prices will fall and availability will become better.
Or you can buy my 6800GT :P
yeah tbh ill probably sell my bike and get an 8800

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG