The online racing simulator
Felipe Massa's "Stars Challenge"
(27 posts, started )
Hello!

Don't know if anyone knows about this, but Massa organizes a yearly kart race with some of the best brazilian pilots and some of the best from the rest of the world to celebrate the end of the year. This time unfornately only Michael Schumacher and Luca Badoer showed up. The event happened last weekend, November 24-25. Here's the facts:

Qualify:

Superpole - Each Top10 does one hot lap, starting from 10th to 1st in qualify:

Heat 1:

Heat 2 - starting grid is the result of Heat 1, except the Top8 are reversed (Schumi starts 8th):

Final Standings:

About the races: in Heat 1 Schumi made a great start and lead the whole race without any problem. In Heat 2 he was in second, but a contact with Thiago Camilo made him fall to 8th again. No one overtook him in "normal conditions".

Info taken from this site (portuguese only).

ps.: voltas = laps; pontos = points
Tarso Marques is still useless, I see.
Schumacher ftw!
Yeah, Michael is still the best :bowdown:
He still has it doesn't he, I kind of feel robbed, he should be in F1 showing them all how its done. I know he was a prick on track sometimes, but watch his battles with Mika I kind of miss it, because they both respected each other enough not to knock each other off the road.
#6 - dadge
i remember when him and alonso used to race each other on the fuel burning stage of q3 those were the days.
Schumi's definitely got it, tbh, I'd say he still has a few years yet to still challenge for the F1 championship but well, he chose to retire.

Tbh, I'm fairly surprised not to see Bruno Senna there
Quote from Leprekaun :Tbh, I'm fairly surprised not to see Bruno Senna there

Me too, I searched for some info about it but couldn't find any. Maybe it has something to do with GP2? I know Liuzzi and Luca Filippi were in the list of pilots but couldn't come because of F1 matters.

Here's some pictures about the event: click (still portuguese only).
shumi ftw he is still the best one
Tarso Marques, the definition of 'F1 Oblivion'
I was watching heat 2 on Eurosport but wasn't sure what it was. Those carts looked funny and the battles were great. Mass had a nice looking lock up when defending his position into a hairpin, great car control.
Shumi seroiusly needs to get back in F1.

The problem he faces is this though, he is good freinds with Massa, so if he replaced massa that wouldn't be a good situation for him. So the only option would to replace Raikkonen who just won the title.

It would be better if Ferrari made an exchange with Red Bull and put shumi there.

IT NEEDS TO BE DONE PEOPLE!!!!
Tony Kanaan and Robert Moreno...interesting
Quote from Mustafur :Shumi seroiusly needs to get back in F1.

The problem he faces is this though, he is good freinds with Massa, so if he replaced massa that wouldn't be a good situation for him. So the only option would to replace Raikkonen who just won the title.

It would be better if Ferrari made an exchange with Red Bull and put shumi there.

IT NEEDS TO BE DONE PEOPLE!!!!

Maybe...he...doesn't...want!?!
#15 - J.B.
Why the hell isn't there ever any proper coverage of this event? What are they thinking? Many of the best F1 drivers in equal machinery, nah, I don't think anybody would want to see that?

Instead we have to watch Ferrari road cars breaking down on a football pitch!

Quote from BenjiMC :I was watching heat 2 on Eurosport but wasn't sure what it was.

Wha? When was that on?
#16 - J.B.
Race 1 is on racing underground. Let's hope race 2 will show up later.

EDIT: both races are up!
#17 - Gmm
Schumi is God. We need him in F1
Quote from J.B. :Race 1 is on racing underground. Let's hope race 2 will show up later.

EDIT: both races are up!

Wohoo ! Going to download them!
Quote from J.B. :....

Wha? When was that on?

Sunday, around 19:00 iirc, British Eurosport though, i dunno if theres any difference?
you forgot abt Rubens :S
#21 - J.B.
Just finished watching, good races. Schumacher and di Grassi seemed to be the strongest overall but di Grassi got messed up by Piquet in race 1 and Schumacher got punted by Camilo in race 2. At the end everything came Schumi's way, as ever, although I would have preferred to see di Grassi win. I can't deny that Schumacher was impressive though. And Piquet seems to be a prick.
Less air resistance? Not that it actually makes THAT much difference, it's just a 'racey' thing people do, like you would put your head down if you were on a motorcycle
#23 - Jakg
Quote from BlueFlame :Less air resistance? Not that it actually makes THAT much difference, it's just a 'racey' thing people do, like you would put your head down if you were on a motorcycle

I woulda thought that reading it, but they dip their head for a fraction of a second, i think they're doing it to read timings or speeds or something from the LCD on the wheel.

EDIT - These things look like toys, lol.
People dip their heads because it kinda makes u feel like ur doing something doin the straights rather than sitting there. No one has tested whether it makes a difference, well not properly anyway I don't think.
Quote from Clownpaint :
Btw. The commentator is AWFUL. He makes such mistakes as not being able to remember who Felipe Massa's current teammate is and when they restart race 2 he continues to commentate on it as if the race is still going on. The most pitiful part is when he says Massa gets a bad exit from the corner, when in fact he is warming his tyres on the warm up lap.

He also manages to wrongly commentate on just about every overtake and non-overtake. He was claiming overtakes had happened when they hadn't, and listing the wrong order when they did! I can't believe he's being payed to commentate on it.

Haha yep, I found it almost embarassing at times - he had no idea half the time, especially at the start of race 2, the guy is a complete Alan Partridge wannabe. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v= ... RaUek&feature=related
Good races, though.

(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG