The online racing simulator
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :I said gentlemen, gentlemen do not carry a weapon, so that would never be an issue. You always keep someone you consider weaker than yourself to your left so you can protect and not put yourself in a position to get hit in the process.

WRONG!!!! The reason you keep your woman on the left, is so you can get a better swing and therefore more momentum when you have to swipe the biatch upside the head! (with your right hand, of course )

Seriously, and o/t..I used to drag a 40 tonne artic around Europe, switching from one side of the road to the other quite frequently during the course of a week...(UK -> Mainland Europe -> back to UK etc) and never had any main problems.
One thing that is IMPERATIVE that you watch out for in France is their stupid "Priorite a Droit" rule, which means that in some cases you can be happily trundling down a main road when some twat pulls out of a small side road straight in front of you...after the resulting crash, you then find out that because there were no road markings to state otherwise, HE had right of way!!!
As for gear changes....my coach has the gear shifter on the RIGHT of my seat, and its a RIGHT HAND DRIVE coach!!

In any case, anyone who wants practice driving on the other side can just unclip their G25 Shifter and stick it on the other side of their wheel...that will help you get used to having the gear change on the 'wrong' side
Thanks for all the replies.

I don't quite know how the thread deviated to gentlemanly conduct and sword fighting.

I am sitting in Singapore Airport on my way home. We will arrive 24 hours late after the Air France plane shat itself at Charle De Gaulle Airport.

Whatever you do do not use this Airport. The French are lovely people, there airline is ok, however the people running that airport need a rocket up them.

How can a city like Paris that runs the Metro so efficently have an airport that it so inefficent !!!!!

Anyway, I surrived the driving quite well. I went within about 10 kilometres of the centre of Parison the Freeways. Got lost plenty of times but overall the driving experience was fine.

I was surprised that not many people seemed to speed, however after travelling on an open top tourist bus in the centre of Paris, you would have to be mad to try that as a novice.

Again thanks for the help.

Buy the way I ended up in a Chysler Voyager AUTO. I would recomend something like this as you area higher up and can see what is going on around you.

Cheers
CRAIG
I think it was Sweden (I may be wrong) where for ages the wheel was on the left of the car, but they drove on the left. It was realised that this was a ridiculous situation, so one day, at an agreed time, every car in the country swapped sides to drive on the right.
Quote from Crashgate3 :I think it was Sweden (I may be wrong) where for ages the wheel was on the left of the car, but they drove on the left. It was realised that this was a ridiculous situation, so one day, at an agreed time, every car in the country swapped sides to drive on the right.

1967. On the small rural roads everyone liked the idea of having a very close eye on the nearest dich (and pedestrians to pass etc), therefore left-steered cars was liked. When the speeds increased it became alot more important to avoid fast going oncoming cars (so the switch was made)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG