The online racing simulator
Basics of oval setups
(9 posts, started )
Basics of oval setups
well i want to know what are the basic rules of a oval setup (FOX) .. i know the wing angle and thats all... what about the suspensions and the gear box.. can someone explain me?
Thanks
You want positive camber for the left tires, more for front, quite a bit less in back, and negative camber in the right side tires.
Quote from h3adbang3r :You want positive camber for the left tires, more for front, quite a bit less in back, and negative camber in the right side tires.

oh forgot... i know that tooo just forgot to put that in post...thx anyway..
i want info of how to make a good suspension and gearbox
Quote from chanoman315 :oh forgot... i know that tooo just forgot to put that in post...thx anyway..

Just put the car on bricks... you don't need a suspension in oval, steering is also optional
Gearbox should be using 5th for laps on your own and 6th for slipstreaming or fuel saving. 5th should be right on the power band and 6th should be just underneath it.
and its not even his setup lol, besides that its screwed.

Quote from chanoman315 :oh forgot... i know that tooo just forgot to put that in post...thx anyway..

for the suspension id say its a matter of taste, you dont want it too soft or too stiff and it should give you a good feeling for every situation (corner entry/exit; straight behaviour (optimal compensation for tarmac irregularities)) . As for the gearbox, well check out current hotlaps from the top of the list and see what speed they get and then try to reach simular or even better results if possible

Basics of oval setups
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG