The online racing simulator
LFS Looks Like Crap After Nvidia Update
Nothing seems to change after I change the settings in the nvidia control panel, I set everything to MAX .. AF 16 AA 16Q and the game looks like crap and clearly does not apply the settings I chose... I noticed that they added the Live for Speed game in the manage 3d Settings > program settings, But no difference whether i add my own exe or use that one.

I'm running Vista Ultimate with C2D X6800, 8800 GTX.
Nvidia Beta Drivers 169.12

I had no problems before the drivers and NO I don't want to change the drivers cause I won't be able to play Crysis.

Can anyone help me out please ... Thanks !!
I can't help you with your specific case, but wanted to add that I recently upgraded to the 163.71 drivers (coming from the 93.71 drivers) and LFS looks worse on my GeForce 5900 with plenty jaggies. I too noticed that it had been added to the list of recognised games in the nVidia control panel, but it ignored any settings I asked it to use. So I manually added lfs.exe to the list, as I used to do with the old drivers, and it still ignores my AA and AF settings, meaning I get none.

nvidia = wankers. I'll be rolling back to the older drivers when I get the time.
Quote from STROBE :I can't help you with your specific case, but wanted to add that I recently upgraded to the 163.71 drivers (coming from the 93.71 drivers) and LFS looks worse on my GeForce 5900 with plenty jaggies. I too noticed that it had been added to the list of recognised games in the nVidia control panel, but it ignored any settings I asked it to use. So I manually added lfs.exe to the list, as I used to do with the old drivers, and it still ignores my AA and AF settings, meaning I get none.

nvidia = wankers. I'll be rolling back to the older drivers when I get the time.

Exactly !! ... Don't tell me I have to wait for the next drivers ? been having this problem since 169.xx.

Just did a Clean Sweep with driver sweeper thingi and same old stuff. Game look Horrible !! ... Please Save me !!
Random guess: Set "Texture Filtering - Negative LOD bias" to "Clamp".

That made my LFS suddenly look nice on my nVidia card.
#5 - garph
I use the beta drivers with the, use the advanced 3d settings, so it shouldn't be the driver.

Just a few things to double check. Make sure you have actually selected use the advanced 3d settings and applied it. Go into the settings again, re-apply them and see if it works.

EDIT: Just for something to try I have x4AA(can't see any difference between x8 or x16 anyway) and x16AF.
Make sure there is no dust in your comp. That was my problem.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Random guess: Set "Texture Filtering - Negative LOD bias" to "Clamp".

THANKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I played with everything except that lol....
I'd suggest using "Allow" in the drivers and 0 for the "Texture mip bias" in LFS (under Graphics).

Using "Clamp" makes textures a blurry mess. With "Allow", anything below 0 (down to -4) on the Texture mip bias results in lots of moire effects on repeating textures like curbs and fences. (looks like crap)

With "Allow" and 0, you get sharp textures and no artifacts.
I find with those settings I still get a very faint moire effect on kerbs/fences. Enough to be distracted by them.
I can picture it now...

*Kev driving in LX6*

*Smash!*

He's crashed somehow into the inside barrier on T1 at Blackwood!
Quote from thisnameistaken :Random guess: Set "Texture Filtering - Negative LOD bias" to "Clamp".

THIS NEEDS TO BE STICKIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOUTHANKYOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crap dudes. I updated my drivers to 169.21 and lost my LFS settings.

Naturally now LFS looks crap, no AA/AF. Worse yet, the Negative LOD bias Clamp trick does Not work.

If anybody has any thoughts or settings, i'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
|||Stu

EDIT -> Wierd. I changed my Control Panel settings to use maximum quality on all applications and LFS shows AA/AF. But if I try and specify LFS individually, it doesn't. So fixed I guess, but not really?
I have a 8800 with lastest patch from the 22nd ''with xp'' and i use the program setting to run lfs at maxxed everything and other games down some like crysis where 16x AA and 16xq isnt your freind.. so thats what works for me. Lfs look amazing. and with hi res stuff and reflections u could die of the shinyness. well not really
Newer drivers have built-in presets for LFS.

Check the file C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvapps.xml

Delete the lfs settings manually and set them again
with the manager application.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG